Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
had a great time, it was me , Don (DWJZ06), Kevin (crazyGN) and Mike (mjustmike), again no best 60ft again but I shifted fast enough for my best of 11.88

the first three runs I spun and got 12.0s and my last two I tried launching alot lower at 3800rpms and bogged bad, the first of the 2 last runs I hit all over the rev limiter going into 3rd and ran this:

60ft... 1.869
1/8.... 7.792
1/4.... 11.932 @ 119.78 which was my new best till I snuck in back to the lanes while closing and ran this:

60ft... 1.832
1/8.... 7.756
1/4.... 11.882 @ 120.17

my mods are Kooks and V-ram still stock tune with the same crappy Drs, my best 60ft was still stock minus the Drs at 1.74 and matched todays 1/8 to bring to a tie for best 1/8 7.756

Kevin did a great job on street tires running a better 60ft on top of more power, thats driving there (nice metting you btw)

Don wanted me to back up what I said that I wanted to run 123mph in the traps, but no tune yet so I still have a chance:lol:

and Mike put up with my mouth all day and night, and I got to hear his beast of a car and see how sweet he's got it looking now, congrats!

If track is open next Sunday Im there again:jammin: thanx guys

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot to mention PitViper (sorry I didnt get your name) was there as well, he was running his Firebird not his Z06, you're talking about hooking up next weekend if its still open with his Z06 as well!

·
20,625 Posts
Real nice runs Luis!! :thumb: Congrats! :cheers: And sounds like y'all had a Great time! :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Hey, Mike ... you going out for the "spring fling" next April or so? :sneaky: Just gotta get 500 miles in by then. :jammin:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Great Luis. It looked like it was turning colder as I left. I thought a record might be set. Glad you got more runs in. If it is nice next Sunday I will try to come out and meet up with you again. Take care, Don

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dwjZ06 said:
Great Luis. It looked like it was turning colder as I left. I thought a record might be set. Glad you got more runs in. If it is nice next Sunday I will try to come out and meet up with you again. Take care, Don
yea it got really cold, but it wasnt the cold IMO, it was me finally getting to take off at a controlled rpm, all the other runs you saw which happens most of the time I couldnt get my feet steady enough to hold a steady rpm and let the clutch out properly, this lower rpm had me bog but bog is better then too much wheel spin (read hop)! next time I wanna see you out there, nothing will break, trust me If I cant brake it when I was looking to then you wont break anything for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
yea it got really cold, but it wasnt the cold IMO, it was me finally getting to take off at a controlled rpm, all the other runs you saw which happens most of the time I couldnt get my feet steady enough to hold a steady rpm and let the clutch out properly, this lower rpm had me bog but bog is better then too much wheel spin (read hop)! next time I wanna see you out there, nothing will break, trust me If I cant brake it when I was looking to then you wont break anything for sure.
Yeah I'd like to. Need a helmut. And I am concerned on the wheel hop thing. I would like to gain some consistancy though. We'll see. I would like to change the shocks first to see if that will help. I might be able to get this done over the winter.

·
20,625 Posts
Don...drag radials take care of hop..:thumb:

And Denny...sounds like a plan! :D

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Hey Luis,
Glad to get out there and meet up with you and Don!!
Good to see you getting constantly better and better! It was funny you were saying you weren't leaving until you grabbed an 11.89 and then your next run was the 11.88.

Great seeing you and Don, I wish I could make it next Sunday (if it were to be nice) but hopefully I get out there real soon!!
Nice meeting your family, thanks for the invite!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
man that thing is crazy, makes my mods look like a waste of time lol. good meeting you guys , i just wrote on your other post the other day and i still didnt know it was you there .

i would have stayed longer but every body was dropping oil on the track so i rolled out.

I seen your first or 2nd run and yea you spun pretty good , not bad with a 12.0 @120 :thumb:

theres a trick with these cars and leaving the lite, its only like the 3rd or 4th time there with teh car but got a best of 1.75 two weeks ago.

let me know if there open again , iam there

Sorry this is long, but i know two of you guys talked about tunes, a guy i know and good buddy of my brother has a shop called Performance Specialties in glenburnie. He tunes all the ls1 cars and has a few f body running 9's on DR tires . I can get a price for you guy if needed. He pulled from 404rwhp and 367tq to 417rwhp and 375tq out of the car and it had a tune from another place, and its a safe tune right now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like I missed another good time...

If you guys go this weekend let a brother know so I can come watch.

P.S.I. in Glen Burnie is good people as crazygn said

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dwjZ06 said:
Yeah I'd like to. Need a helmut. And I am concerned on the wheel hop thing. I would like to gain some consistancy though. We'll see. I would like to change the shocks first to see if that will help. I might be able to get this done over the winter.

Mike is right , I was going to say that, DRs will iliminate wheel hop, If my old hard dry rotted helped almost all of it, a fresh set will for sure!

I have a spare helmet I never used other then my brother a few times, If you dont mind someone elses head being in it:roll: , I'll bring it for you to use, I dont see a point of you spending a couple of hundred for as many times as you go, spend that money on some tires:cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
crazygn said:
man that thing is crazy, makes my mods look like a waste of time lol. good meeting you guys , i just wrote on your other post the other day and i still didnt know it was you there .
dude, you run 11.8s on 18" street tires, it doesnt matter what mods you got, running those numbers on low profile tires is just plain sick, LOVE the burnouts too, I thought you were doing that for a picture of a smoky burnout, but after I seen does numbers I seen it was for another reason, man, you wiggled your tail though all of 1st and a bit in 2nd and ran an 12.0 on that run I saw from the lanes:cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
crazygn said:
, i just wrote on your other post the other day and i still didnt know it was you there .
dude I remember now , that was you!!! you were down about your driving yet you now cut a 1.75 60ft on 18" tires, dude my best since last season on DRs was last night doing a 1.83, and this is coming from cutting 1.6x 60ft on a bone stock mustang, this car is just so complicated to launch, I gave up after 4 or 5 passes on street tires and got some crappy used Drag radials, but when one gets the launch right these things are the fasted 400hp cars on the street PERIOD, I cant wait to get some 1.6x 60fts and get into the mid 11s where it belongs...

with the amount of passes you have on your car, 20 passes down the road with some stickier tires your car will go 10s:thumb:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
Wow! GR8 runs! Best I got was 1.94 and 11.94 in the 1/4 on street tires. But I think I have more under the hood, but obviously that dont mean nothing....Comes down to driver and seat time. Which I need more of.....But as the day goes by, my times and 60' foots got better. Always do. Jitters I guess.....What was the elevation you ran at? Last was 1200 ASL for me in Phoenix.

This is how I went:

1st time ever at track (SIR, TUCSON) best was 13.3/109 mph/2.0 60' up from from a 13.8/2.5 60' and same mph.

2nd time ever at track (SIR, TUCSON) best was 12.6/118 mph, 2.0 60' up from the above mentioned time.

3rd time ever at track (PHOENIX) with VaraRam: 11.94/121.1 mph/1.94 60' up from the above mentioned time.

So, basically, I went from 13.8/109mph/2.5 60' to a 11.94/121.1/1.94 60' in just three track visits. Thats just under a 2 second drop! I just need to learn to drive better and shift FASTER!

I wonder what my times COULD be at sea level with DRs?

4 times a charm?

·
Registered
81 Posts
iam leaving the light half thottle at around 2500-3000, feather the clutch best i can , then with a little bog i can get on it after that . It takes alot of heat for these tires but i can feel them dropping my rpms when heated , plus it makes for good pictures lol:ity:

This week best was 1.82 , iam going again since there still open on this sunday. I hope to add some timming and do better then my best of 1.75 [email protected] 121.9

tracks open so iam going sunday :thumb:

·
Registered
74 Posts
this weekend

do you guys know what the hours are of capitol this weekend. I just put drag radials on my car saturday and was hoping to hook up with some other vettes this weekend. my last trip to the track was on my 19 in pirellis so i cant wait to try this again.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts