Corvette Z06 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
PARTSGUY said:
do you guys know what the hours are of capitol this weekend. I just put drag radials on my car saturday and was hoping to hook up with some other vettes this weekend. my last trip to the track was on my 19 in pirellis so i cant wait to try this again.

I think this past Sunday they started running ~ noon and I left at about 6:30. They were still running when we left too. Hope the weather holds for you guys!!:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
bowtiebandit said:
Looks like I missed another good time...

If you guys go this weekend let a brother know so I can come watch.

P.S.I. in Glen Burnie is good people as crazygn said
Yeah right like we can ever get in touch with you! Help a brother out and give us your cell phone or pager so we can leave a message you will get. How ya been? I see you got your building back. You moved back in yet? Take care, Don

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
MSiska said:
Don...drag radials take care of hop..:thumb:

Thanks Mikey. Maybe on the Dr's? I have seen hop with tires as well. I do not have the money to replace the rear end sooooo maybe the 04 shocks first and heat the Pilot sports a little more. Since I will not drag race it that much a couple times a year not sure I want to spend the bucks for another set of wheels and tires. I would rather put that money towards the LG Pro headers for next year!

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
MSiska said:
Don...drag radials take care of hop..:thumb:

Thanks Mikey. Maybe on the Dr's? I have seen hop with tires as well. I do not have the money to replace the rear end sooooo maybe the 04 shocks first and heat the Pilot sports a little more. Since I will not drag race it that much a couple times a year not sure I want to spend the bucks for another set of wheels and tires. I would rather put that money towards the LG Pro headers for next year!
Hey Don,
I didn't even think of it but you could borrow my rear CCW/ET, and we could swap them right on there at the track. Tony ran with a similar setup for awhile.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Yeah right like we can ever get in touch with you! Help a brother out and give us your cell phone or pager so we can leave a message you will get. How ya been? I see you got your building back. You moved back in yet? Take care, Don

Sorry Bobby,
I have to side with Don on this one...... We were wondering if you were just avoiding us or something.
Sure hope you get out and join us sometime soon!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
mjustmike said:
dwjZ06 said:
Hey Don,
I didn't even think of it but you could borrow my rear CCW/ET, and we could swap them right on there at the track. Tony ran with a similar setup for awhile.
Sounds like a plan for the future. I would like to see if it helps. Thanks Mike.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
PARTSGUY said:
do you guys know what the hours are of capitol this weekend. I just put drag radials on my car saturday and was hoping to hook up with some other vettes this weekend. my last trip to the track was on my 19 in pirellis so i cant wait to try this again.

lanes open at 11:30 to 4:30, last time I snuck in for my last run at 4:35 but that barely happens:sneaky:

·
Registered
74 Posts
this weekend

couto1981 and mjustmike are you guys planning on going this sunday? also how many passes did you guys manage to get in. If the weather holds up i will be there.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
PARTSGUY said:
couto1981 and mjustmike are you guys planning on going this sunday? also how many passes did you guys manage to get in. If the weather holds up i will be there.
I stayed in the lanes all day from start to finish and only got 5 runs, theres almost an 1 hour of track clean up at once, usually on sundays test and tune you get about 5 runs from 12 to 12:30 but this sunday everyone was there bright and early, I say if this sunday is a normal sunday you'll get 3-4 passes in the first hour and then 3-4 more the rest of the day!

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
PARTSGUY said:

Sure wish I could be but this weekend is booked. I'm going to try for the following weekend though if they're still open, the 18th I think.

Good luck to you though!! Hope you get some good runs in and don't have to go through the breaks like this past Sunday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, guys can i get directions for the track,for sunday
am coming from ashburn Va.
Thanks.
Joe Pereira.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
1BDASS-Z said:
Hey, guys can i get directions for the track,for sunday
am coming from ashburn Va.
Thanks.
Joe Pereira.
take 495 to MD

route 50 East to Annapolis

go 6-7 miles and take Route 3 North

go to your 5th traffic light and make that U-turn

you'll see signs directing you to Capitol Raceway 1/4 mile on your right!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
WOW!! What Long time AWAY from the track.. and 2 Moves Got me up to Cecil county.... thought I ran 11.6x at capitol in 2005 before taking a 8 and half year break from the track But here's My First Time Backout in summerheat.. Same EXACT set up UNTOUCHED

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
opps a little rusty

2003 eB 50k miles
Hoosier et streets
diablo,kooks,Varam.
Bolt ons
60' 1.636
330' 4.761
660' 7.331