Corvette Z06 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I heard $75-77K MSRP yesterday from a dealer who said he had five on order. Apparently, not everybody is on the same page yet.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Redbull said:
I guess after all, the big suprise for you guys will be the price.
All i will say is it will be in high 50s! But, dealers will most likely try to get 60k+ out of them till they realize they will have to give it up for msrp which will be high 50s or possible exactly at 60k.

C6 is 44k, add around 15k and you get 06zo6 price!

i know it is unbeleivable but you will see for yourself! All the hype about price being in 60s or 70s and then you get it to be high 50s...thats how you get buyers ladies and gentemen!
Why would GM sell the car for just above the loaded C6 MSRP? Count on around $65K as the base MSRP. :thumb:

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm still waiting to award the winner of the MSRP "base" vehicle!

So...if a loaded Vert is $61K (I priced one out - Z51, power top, GPS, chrome wheels) wouldn't the Z06 still be significantly more similarly loaded? I think a loaded Z will be $72'ish.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Howdy!

I was looking at what GM has done with regard to C5 pricing (Coupe vs. Z06), and the premium for "special" models (i.e., Z16's).

In '03 the Z06 was ~ $8K more than a base coupe (and represented 24% of total production -> ref: Corvette Action Center).

The delta on the Z06 specific items was: wheels/tires, suspension (springs, swaybars, shocks), heads/cam/intake, Ti exhaust, and a treated rear with a dedicated 6-speed tranny/gearing. There were a few small Z06 specific cosmetic embelishments like the gauges, logo in the headrest, etc.

So now I look at the new Z which upgrades the motor to a complete replacement, plus all the specialized support components (fuel, engine mounts, induction, etc.) Also a complete body panel replacements for all 4 fenders in a fairly "exotic" material, plus a custom front fascia. All this piled on a dedicated aluminum/mag frame. Now add a number of unique coolers (oil, tranny, etc) and what sounds like specific seats (vs. base with a logo). And then instead of just upgrading the brake pads and PC'ing the calipers red, add a front and rear 6/4 piston system.

Whew!

Now I personally cannot believe that GM would price this new car within $2K-3K of the previous Z06 model given the *substantial* upgrades it has over the latter.

Look at what GM did with something as simple as a carbon fiber hood, vinyl stripes and some polished wheels - the Z16 was what? $3700 over the cost of a base Z06? That's GM pricing direction and I think we're going to see this reflected in the cost of the new Z06.

I'm saying (as a "base" model) definitely over $60K - highly likely 64K - 65K, and possibly in the very high 60's.

Just my $0.25 :D

·
Registered
882 Posts
GNX Guy said:
A little birdie told me $66k to $73K depending on options
Joe
Hope that little birdie tastes like chicken. ;)

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
DT04R said:
I'm saying (as a "base" model) definitely over $60K - highly likely 64K - 65K, and possibly in the very high 60's.

Just my $0.25 :D
I was referring to the post above me.

65K + 15K = 80K These are all hypothesis's

·
Registered
240 Posts
If those are the prices, FORGET IT, I will wait a year and get one used for high 40k, low 50k.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Redbull said:
between 55-60k. I can bet on it. anyone? ;)
Redbull, if they sell for 55-60K, that's less than a Vert.:-?

Jack

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just ordered one today...

I'm new to the forum...My broker told me 65-70 depending on options. I gave him the green light to order it up. With Nav system and polished wheels. Velocity Yellow. I just sold my 2002 Monte Carlo SS and 1996 Impala SS (which had a T56 conversion). Out with the old, in with the new.

--Baz
San Jose, CA

·
Registered
240 Posts
gsjack said:
Redbull, if they sell for 55-60K, that's less than a Vert.:-?

Jack
I will bet you that base will be either 59 or 60k...and loaded will be higher then that 62-65k. But dealer will try to sell them over 70k first year.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Redbull said:
I will bet you that base will be either 59 or 60k...and loaded will be higher then that 62-65k. But dealer will try to sell them over 70k first year.
Sounds llike wishful thinking on your part -- so does buying a used one for high 40s low 50s the first year.

Anybody know if they've announced whether it will have gas guzzler tax?

-N

21 - 34 of 34 Posts