vant said:
Wow proexpert, you're the Martha Stuart of Corvettes! :lol:

:rofl: :rofl:

I think that looks really good...Marth....err Proexpert. :D

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Pretty cool stuff there pro.

Did you also do the speaker cover, arm rest trim and door pull?

What material did you use?

Charlie

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Oh yeah...
tell me about the lettering too!

Charlie

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Oh, That is too cool! :coo:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the speaker grill form GM parts, along with the door sills, knee pad, glove compartment, and carpet.

The door pull and armrest are from Ken King, Vette Essentials, along with seats, etc. Ken also gave me the matching vinyl for the reflector project.

I got the font for the lettering from someone here, had a local embroidery shop do the lettering, and a local upholstery shop attach it to the plastic.

Thank you for your kind words.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Very cool idea. I like it. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Cool Idea. I absolutely love it when someone comes up with a new mod for our cars. Well done!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
proexpert said:
I got the speaker grill form GM parts, along with the door sills, knee pad, glove compartment, and carpet.

The door pull and armrest are from Ken King, Vette Essentials, along with seats, etc. Ken also gave me the matching vinyl for the reflector project.

I got the font for the lettering from someone here, had a local embroidery shop do the lettering, and a local upholstery shop attach it to the plastic.

Thank you for your kind words.
Thanks for the info. It won't be long before someone "steals" your reflector mod and begins making some money on it.

Watch out for the little GM men in black suits knocking on your door for using the trademarked Corvette lettering. :roll:

The door panel looks great. :yeadog:

Charlie

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Great looking mode especially on a silver Z!!! :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried to get Ken King to make this for me. He told me that he is not legally allowed to put the Corvette font on the reflector. What a joke. It's a Corvette, why is it illegal to put the Corvette logo on it? What a bunch of pee-brains. GM is their own worst enemy.

I have the embroidery die for the font, so you can get your leather or vinyl embroidered for $10 each. If I go to jail, please send me Corvette stuff once in a while.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Nice job! Love those "one off" parts that look like factory pieces.(keeps people guessing). :thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts