Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just thought this was interesting. I was looking around my shop today and realized that I had eight 427 C5's and ,of course, my own 427 C6 all at the same time. All of the C5s were Z06s except for 2. Even I'll have to admit, that's pretty impressive.
I'm having an open house / dyno day this Saturday so I think I'll line them all up for display. I have two with F1R blowers that I'm just finishing up.
One with an F1R that we are experimenting with different headers.( 675 RWHP)
One with an F1R that seems to have an intermittent problem with rough running that I can't seem to replicate. (665RWHP)
A real sleeper with just a 224-228 cam (495 RWHP- 502 RWT)
One I just finished with my new 240CC AFR heads (555 RWHP - 522 RWT)
My C6 with a BABY cam, NO tuning and my 240 CC AFR heads (496 RWHP-506 RWT) I just ordered a solid roller for this one, in anticipation of recieving my LS2 Edit shortly. :smash:
A car with my supercharger system that came from LGM just for tuning. (HP unknown at this point)
A Rippie 427 with C5-R heads that needs tuning and a custom intake.
I also have a 408 iron block with a D1SC (615 RWHP- 599RWT) that I just finished.
I also just finished a GMC Denali pickup truck with a 408, AFR heads and a Magnuson. This thing weighs close to 6000# and really gets it done! It's all wheel drive and lights all four tires. Now that's a weird feeling!!
That's a lot of big motors for one shop at one time. It's certainly a record for me. ;)
While I'm mostly known for my supercharger system, I love doing big motors. I just love anything that makes more power or is faster than the other guy's.
My own shop truck is a Silverado SS with AFR heads, A&A blower cam, and a Magnuson making 9#. I'm doing an iron block, long stroke 427 (4.125 stroke/ 4.060 bore) for that right now. I'm thinking about running a rear mounted turbo and ramming right down Maggies throat!! :jawdrop:
My boat weighs 13,000 lbs and goes a whopping 22 knots. So what do I do? I get 2 pairs of Vortec heads and have them ported, change cams, install roller rockers, Edelbrock manifolds .... So now it will do, what? Maybe 26 Knots?
Geeez! Somebody stop me!! I just can't leave anything alone. ( My wife won't even let me LOOK under the hood of her M3 :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
WOW! Andy...you are the man. More Power Rules!!

Thats a lot of stud horses for one stables...Ive really got to make it down to your shop sometime just to meet you and see your facilities.

The best to you on your upcoming dyno day. :cheers:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Andy:

That was a fun read! I wish I was closer to your shop.

If you can't have fun, what can you have??

Terry

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Dang, Andy!

I WAS going to go on Saturday, but now have to do a blitz job at work that'll take me through the rest of the weekend :cry:

Hope you guys have fun!

Scott

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looking forward to Sat. Is it still on rain or shine?

Matt

·
Registered
412 Posts
Geeez! Somebody stop me!! I just can't leave anything alone. ( My wife won't even let me LOOK under...
I was afraid you were going to say '...her hood'.

Now THAT would be considered a REAL problem... :p

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Darn, pretty soon my Z will be one of the few lonely Vettes without a 427! :(

:z:

·
Registered
309 Posts
silvertp said:
WOW! Andy...you are the man. More Power Rules!!

Thats a lot of stud horses for one stables...Ive really got to make it down to your shop sometime just to meet you and see your facilities.

The best to you on your upcoming dyno day. :cheers:

:yeadog: ......When you meet Andy and see the shop I don't think you'll be disappointed......... :thumb:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thats awesome, I might be investing in one of your A&A kits in a year or two....

I had an F1 on my hawk with 15lbs of boost with a CRAP converter that made 660rwhp on a 370c.i. motor through a TH400.....I was one of the few with a successful 8 rib pulley setup with an ATI car....

My plans for the Z are either all motor monster, or a 8.5:1 comp 346c.i. motor with an F1 on it w/the A&A tensioner, intercooler setup.....pump gas....

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Can't wait to see all that muscle. See ya tomorrow.

Zrod

1 - 12 of 12 Posts