Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had my car since October. And today for the 3rd time I found a screw in my tire. Unfortunately, this one was buried to the head. Are these tires nail magnets or what? It's almost hard to believe a tire so good, can be punctured so easily. Guess you can't have everything.
By the way, if you think these tires look big on the car.....you should see them sitting on the garage floor....pretty impressive.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Remember that these tires are about 3-4X's normal car tire width and as such, will probably pick up 3-4X's as many nails, screws, glass and BABES!!!!! :p Bill :cheers:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ripper,,3 screws in 3 months!!!!! I would be checking my driveway, where you park at work etc!!!!! How do you find them? Are they making clicking sound etc? Or do you get flats?:( :cheers:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think where I live has a lot to do with it. Lots of new construction.....and pickup trucks carrying nails screws and whatnot without much thought to what they drop all over the roads.

One I found by sound...no flat
Two, I found while washing or waxing...the 1 today was leaking slowly....Yanked it off and had it patched.

Any yes BBBBBBBabes are always good. Especially if I get to Nail and screw them....:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
VTR

I (after a replacement @$490.00) @ 1500 miles, NEVER get in my car to drive it without doing a WALK AROUND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

These tires, when FLAT, are nearly impossible to feel...........

I drove mine flat for 8 miles, never heard or felt SQUAT.

Ruined of course, and was lucky it didn't get my rim..............
THis is something I highly reccommend...............:(

·
Registered
596 Posts
F1s

found my 1st one glad it winter ??????

local dlr. sends his out????? anyone take frnt.. to GOODYR.

pep boys???

not Z06 weather

VETTE shop ??????

GASH EB 02

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
If you think these are big, you should see the 315s on my dad's 94 coupe.

Even the rear tires look small in comparison.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Wait until the C6 platform .. 335/30x19 !!!!!!! (Well, I wish at least - doesn't hurt to dream :D)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts