Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had to replace the interior a-pillar moulding twice now, with issues concerning the material being "cut too short" around the left window defrost vent. It separates from the plastic vent making the white underside visible. This is an appearance only issue obviously. I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this problem. It is an attestment to the "cheap interior" accusations so frequently aimed at this car. The dealership replaces them under warranty, but it is incredible to me that this could occur twice, the car is a 2004 w 3k miles on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is it the drivers side on the inside where the black interior trip meets the glass? If so then i think also have the problem... mine is an 02 with some miles on it thought...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pillar problem...

It is the drivers side, but it is where the small defroster vent is located, the material they use to cover the moulding piece is cut too short, and eventually pulls away from the vent at the seam. This causes the white underside of the material to show, right where the vent presses into the pillar. I can't imagine that the vent would be functional even, but I suppose it is. It's not a big deal, I just hate to have to continue to take the car back and forth to the dealership to have something like this repaired. I used to get upset when I would read "cheap interior", now I am beginning to believe it. They never have the piece in stock, so its takes them 3-4 days to get the part of course, then you have to pray they don't "ding" the doors or "grease up" the seats and steering wheel. Too much drama! LOL - thanks for the reply...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts