Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From Nick at ARE:

We just got off the dyno with a 01 ZO6 with our 427. 4.125stroke with a 4.060 bore. Car has full exhaust with cats(stock mufflers) and passes local EPA. Great results, 476.8rwhp and 489.7rwtrq SAE corrected. We then tried on a set of the new 1 7/8 headers we will be marketing in a week or so and pulled 488.7 rwhp and 487.1 rwtrq, the trq was up all the way but lost only at the peak for some reason. Very happy with the results and we will be programming tomorrow to see if we can better things a bit.

WOW, what a beast that is. :eek:

RG

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
BEASTY BAD

"We just got off the dyno with a 01 ZO6 with our 427. 4.125stroke with a 4.060 bore. Car has full exhaust with cats(stock mufflers) and passes local EPA. Great results, 476.8rwhp and 489.7rwtrq SAE corrected. We then tried on a set of the new 1 7/8 headers we will be marketing in a week or so and pulled 488.7 rwhp and 487.1 rwtrq, the trq was up all the way but lost only at the peak for some reason. Very happy with the results and we will be programming tomorrow to see if we can better things a bit."

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Very interesting post. For those of us who have stock displacement cars, I would guess the 1 7/8 headers may be a little on the large size.

Hope to post more in this area soon...under new products.

;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Something never addressed

I was wondering, with the decent fuel mileage we get on our Z's (relative to amazing output) when the car is stock, by how much does the mileage drop when the car produces like 40% more rwhp?

Does it drop into < 10 MPG range?

--pdx_Z

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
LPE and DRM are in the 26-27K range on their 427s.

Pat :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
GREAT NUMBERS! Be interesting to see what the tunning will do? Couple Queations???
1. What size injestors you run?
2. What is the brand name of your 1 7/8" pipes
3. How much cam you have in there?
I'm looking to do a 427 this summer or so thanks in advance:cheers:
ZO6Bill

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZO6Bill said:
GREAT NUMBERS! Be interesting to see what the tunning will do? Couple Queations???
1. What size injestors you run?
2. What is the brand name of your 1 7/8" pipes
3. How much cam you have in there?
I'm looking to do a 427 this summer or so thanks in advance:cheers:
ZO6Bill
Bill,

I sent a link to this post to MATTG(Matt Glassford) from our group. He can answer those questions for you. He's getting psyched for a motor and set up like that soon as well.:)

Agostino Racing is the company doing the work.

RG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts