Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's an interesting observation from yesterdays' trip to a dealership that had a new EB (coupe) in the showroom. Just a few feet away was a QS Z06. Both cars had just been delivered a few days earlier.

First thing I noticed is that there is no extra cost for EB on the coupe. I thought it was $600 extra for MY and EB. Apparently not, as a couple was in the process of taking delivery of a new EB '02 Z06 and I learned there was no extra cost on that one either. I guess I heard wrong. :confused:

The second thing was something rather nitpicky but I thought it might be worth mentioning. This is not meant to be a . . . :flaming: . . . just an observation and nothing more than one's OPINION, but I feel it is factual nevertheless.

I noticed (and it was VERY noticeable) what seems like a lot pf dust collecting on the finish all over the exterior of car. I swiped my hand across the hood and sure enough it was dust because it came right off. Then, I walked over to the QS and gazed at the same area on the hood. Funny thing is I could not see any dust. Oh, it was there too, I just couldn't see it. (A little while later at a low sun angle I could see dust on the roof which I hadn't been able to detect before when I looked at the same spot).

I asked the salesman how long have these cars been in the showroom. He said, they both were just put in within the past couple of days. I pressed him and he said the QS had only been in the showroom since yesterday so in fairness I think it had less of an opportunity ot collect dust than the EB.

Then, I went back to the EB and took another look. It was poorly roped off from the public and so was the Z06, such that people could still get up close enough to touch them and thus leave their fingerprints.

As an aside, I noticed fingerprints all over the inside door panel just below the driver side window on another Z06 I had seen last weekend at another dealership. I commented to the salesman how awful that looked to someone contemplating a $50k new car purchase. He agreed.

Once again, the EB showed the fingerprints all over the painted exterior very obviously. I went back to the QS and if that car was somehow in an impregnable shield, NO fingerprints. Again, it is most likely fingerprints were on BOTH car, but the point is I could only visually see the ones on the blue. Must be that the darker color of the EB makes fingerprints much easier to see.

IMO, the QS "looks" the best of any Z06 color in more ways than one. :rolleyes:

When the sunlight hits the exterior at just the right angle you can really see the rather striking metal flake in the paint. I see now
how it got it's name "quicksilver". Also, the 10 spoke wheels are the closest match to this color and I like a color scheme to look somewhat "integrated" on a car.

Having said that, I also had the opportunity to checkout a "modified" torch red interior which just so happened to be in the QS Z06. A rather elegant touch, but in some ways a little hard on the eyes. I like it if for no other reason it goes with the Z06 embroidery on the the seats and there is plenty of other red touches to set off the car on all Z06s.

An all black interior, although less of a color statement, certainly does go best with the the torch red exterior. OTOH, the modified TR interior on the EB would somehow look appropriate as well. :puke:

P.S. Just kidding with that last smiley . . . just can't get enough of those cute little guys especially that one. :D

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
This is nothing new really.....Try Black, it's worse than EB! But Black Z's that are freshly Zainoed look friggin MEAN....

JC

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a QS Vert, and though it is a very nice color, I will not be getting another Silver. I could never get the gloss on the paint that I wanted and had seen on other colors. I had ten plus coats of Zaino and thought the car was very clean and well kept it just never glowed like some of the other colors.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It's a well known fact that light silver hides dirt better than any color. The darker the color, the worste dirt shows.

Here, look at this QS Z -- you can hardly tell its dirty :D:D.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Zee,

Harley will get you for that!

Yes on QS. After a club trip to environmentally correct Oregon, I noticed my car still looked clean, where the darker ones looked like they came off the ranch.

2k :)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
HarleyB- What exactly was your initial reaction when you saw your car for the very first time?

I've often wondered but never asked... :eek:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ZeeOhSix, you've just proved my point. Your posted pic shows "the best" color car also has the closest wheel match. :eek:

Seriously though, nothing like a soothing mud bath to bring out the inner beauty that lies just beneath the skin. :grin:

Speaking of "inside" I'd hate to peer though that open window if someone forgot . . . ;)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
dsinned,
I could not agree more with your Torch Red comments.:grin:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Most people are intimidated when gettingclose to a new Corvette especially new Z06. That is also why it had less fingeprints and dust.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts