Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the last picture I took of NoMercy on Saturday, as it's owner anyway.

I have sold the car to another member of the site. This decision was not an easy one, or a hasty one, just one I needed to make at some time soon to get some finances in order for the sake of my retirement and my daughter's college education. I was made a fair offer on the car and I have decided to take it. This will enable me to 1. Pay for my daughter's college for the next two years without going into hawk. 2. Not dip into my motorhome fund (and IRA's) which has been a 20 year dream of mine. Definately not an easy decision, but one made much easier due to WHO I am selling it to, and how easy he his to deal with regarding the transaction. A very few people know who the new owner is, and I will let him make the announcement when he wants, probably Friday when he picks up the car.
For the few of you that know, let the new owner make the annoucement. :)

And before anyone else says it, I know, I'm a dummy, but I feel like I'm doing the right thing.

I will continue to be active on the site and hope to see all of you just as much.

Joe

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Joe, you made the right decision. One has to make the most prudent choices in life, and everyone has their idea of what priority's are important.

Good luck, and keep in touch!

Tony :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats to the new owner and Congrats to you :cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Sorry to see you let her go, but if its right for you then its the right decision.

Glad to hear she is going to a good home...

Mark

·
Registered
806 Posts
Beautiful ZO6! Sorry to hear you had to let her go. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Congrats Joe,

You can always build another vette. Maybe you will change your mind on the motor home or even try it first and then come back to a Z later. I would give mine up for the kids too! Best of luck and hope to meet you at the fest. Don

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Damn, Joe....you never got my permission to sell that car. :D Tough decision, but life is full of them. Sounds like you have chosen wisely. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
You have to do what' best for you and your family. :cheers:

Sooooo....who's the new owner? Performan Norman? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Joe, Your family is always more important than the Z. I would sell mine in a minute if I needed money for my children.

As I said Saturday, The Mod partys at your home were fantastic and I will miss the once a year gathering in Delran........ Best of Luck.......

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Sometimes a guy has to do what he has to do. I've had the motorhome dream for sometime also. Can I ask what you've been looking at?

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Stuff happens. You gotta do what ya gotta do. It is good to know that someone here is taking over ownership. I trust the new owner is a class act like you !

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Sorry to see you sell it Joe, but I fully understand the decision process. Best of Luck on realizing your retirement dreams... :thumb:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Joe no dought you made the right decision family always comes first. i still hope we see you around as you and no mercy have been a big inspiration in the way i built my car.good luck in what ever you choose to do. you and your car are a class act :usa: i know there is one very happy new owner out there ;)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Good decision Joe. It's just a car after all. Aint no big deal. There are more important things in life (hold on, can't believe I just said that ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Damn...If i knew this car was up for sale, I would have paid damn near anything for it. Thats the sickest Vette ever. I fell in love with that ride the second I saw it on MTI's website a few years ago. Well, Good Move Joe makin the right decision and Good Luck to its new owner.
Dennis

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to let the car go...but, as others have said...family first. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Sorry that you had to let it go but....family does come first. Nice looking ride and I'm sure the new owner will enjoy it!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Family is always first. Glad you at least kept the car in your extended family :) Hope the new owner lives closer to Boston....
Brian

1 - 20 of 63 Posts