Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
WA 2 FST

And I figured this out, already..................
What needs to be done is do this WITH someone who lives near to each other...........
Otherwise it's not going to be feasible...........
We happen to live in the same city.......:)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hello Brian.

That's an excellent idea! As we live close, I am game.

Any new word on your Z?

This rain is killing me, the Z is just sitting in the garage growling and wanting to get out. :D

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
tires

does it rain in seattle ?
hmm..
we are having native american summer...
has not rained here for 3 weeks..

well the smoke from the forest fires is choking us !!!!!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Wanna hear a GOOD ONE??????

My spousal unit(wife).....hehehe...........when she found out that I could have gotten the tire online way less.......said, "Why didn't you order it, and wait until it came in, and saved a $100.00 bucks??'..............
WOMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
I said, did you really think for a "C" note, I would LEAVE my ZEE at the GOODYEAR store for a WEEK.................are you ON something???:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS: This was AFTER, i spent the 4 hours of my Staurday.........75 degrees, not a cloud............sitting around waiting to get this dude fixed............Harummmphhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
About the rain and stuff Brian, th Z06 wont melt in it I promise :) Drive the car every chance you get. Dont save it. It was meant to be driven :) Mine is driven in rain all the time. Makes it more fun to clean p :)

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hehe, thats cool man. No big deal. Just hopin you werent one of those "savers for perfect sunny days" Is all. Which thats cool if anybody is, their car, more power to em. Just like it when people drive their Z06s no matter what :)

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Registered
362 Posts
BrianK said:
I've recently read about Z06 owners getting flats and having to pay a Lot for a replacement tire.

These tires are unique to the Z06, so even if you can find a replacement tire locally (impossible in many markets), you're going to pay a LOT. Z06LS6 recently reported paying $490. Nobody likes to get gouged!

So I was thinking.. What if say 4 or more local Z06 owners shared the cost to keep a set of spare tires around? That way, if you ever lost a tire, you'd be able to get a replacement ASAP at a fair price ($240/$304 from the Tire Rack) with minimal downtime.

I just bounced this idea off of JC, and we were wondering what y'all thought.. What say ye?
I have couple spare sets of Z tires so its a easy solution for me on flats-When i go on a trip i leave a front and a rear at the local "MAIL-Postal center store .They hold them in storage and will ship next day air if i need one.Besides the GM airpump I carry a very large "tire boot" to fix a large puncture or slice.If your stranded--any full size Camaro-Firebird wheel and tire will work,and they are cheap at any wrecking-tire shop.

·
Registered
906 Posts
BrianK & Rollin Black... what's this "rain" stuff??:eek: ...sorry, just being a wise-ass. I've only moved to AZ 3 weeks ago (after living 30 years in Seattle). As soon as I got here my new favorite MLB team wins the World Series. 25 years of rooting for the Mariners... all it took was leaving town!
Now it's 75 F and everyone drives REAL fast. Every stoplight is a drag race, every freeway is Firebird Raceway... there'll be NO carbon buildup in this LS6!! Life is GOOD!
-HarleyB:D :D :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
re: rain in Seattle

I had to drive my new, to me, car to work yest in the POURING rain . Worried about H20 Ingestion since it has a sort of K&N Honker under the front end. Finally las tnite cut up a bottle and covered the air filter. we will see. I love this car in the rain. Active handling and those supercar tires are the best. with the z28 I had to drive with an egg under my right foot, even with a new auburn unit. So, what is with you guys leaving the car at home in the rain? What am I missing, being as I am a Z06 virgin?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Has anyone considered other brands?

Is everyone dead set on Goodyears?

I have a friend who is the manager of one of the local (BIG TIRE DISTRIBUTOR). I called him to ask what was avaliable. He has two Goodyear rears in stock right now. If you are in the Houston area send me a msg, and I will get you hooked up with him. And I promise he WILL take care of you. He is a fellow street racer, owns a lot of neats toys, and is an all around cool guy.

Here are the LIST computer prices for rears for the car. There is A LOT of margin to work with here, but it gives you an idea on some choices in an apples to apples comparison.

Goodyear $341
Yokahama AVS Sport $309
BFG ZR $278
Michelin Pilot Sport $353
BFG G Force KD $359

They are also direct with HRE, Fikse, you name it. If you need wheels or tires in Houston, I can get you hooked up. Just send me a msg and I will get you in touch with him.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The rain thing....

Dudes, 2.6 inches of rain yesterday that's what I am talking about :eek: lots of deep standing water :eek: :eek:

Now, the Z will get driven in the rain, but she needs the proper protection first. The hood and rocker panels on my 98 Coupe with 33K miles were pretty trashed with paint chips, so I want to take preventative measures with the Z. Once she has her stongard and 5+ coats of Zaino it will not be an issue. :)

Then, there is the traffic and the "Drivers" :roll: around here. If I am only going into Seattle and back for work it is nothing but a crawling parking lot the entire way, can't even get out of third. :(

Enough about that as this was a tire post anyways. :D Brian, I am still game! I also like the idea of looking into other brands?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts