Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a 02 Z06 at the end of this year. I'm coming from a 96 Z28 6-speed. It's an okay ride but the whole car to me is not really balance enough just to throw around corners and stop on a dime that I hear that the Z06 can do. Sometime last year I had sat in 2004 Corvette Coupe and just by sitting in the seat I knew that the car was extremely light without giving it a test ride. Do you guys think that I'll be shock how much power and how it handles on the road on street/road racing compared to my current car. When I first got the 96 Z28 the power wasn't nothing to me as I was coming from a 01 Jetta 1.8T. Well anyways any suggestions would be great. I will be looking for a QS or MY 02 Z06 towards the end of the year as I'm saving all of my pennies to get a superb world class beast that can keep up with most exotic cars today.

James

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have had mine for just over a week and have owned several camaros and trans ams before (inlcuding a 96 mn6 Z). you will love it!

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
All i can say is, you will not be disappointed in the tremendous power and handling. The 2 cars you mentioned to the Z are like comparing apples to oranges. Good luck on your search for 02 Z and get ready to :D a lot.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
96Z28TealM6,
Welcome to the forum, You will not be disappointed with a 02 Z.

The Z is a awesome car, accelerating, braking and cornering you will love it :jammin:

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Camaro can't handle and the Jetta well, leave it there. :eek::

You are in a whole new league. The Z06 is truly in the exotic class without the $200k ticket. Watch some of the track and 1/4 vids on here to really see what a Z06 can do. :)

The harder you push into a curve, the Z06 handles better. Not scary like the Camaro where you let it out and try to reel it in without doing a 180 degree turn. ;)

The initial HP will amaze you until you get MOD fever. :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you are. I came from a 1997 SS to a 04 Z06. You'll love it. Whatever you like about your Camaro now, you'll love even more in the Vette. Although, do get use the fact you don't have a back seat though :D Not to mention that you'll go up in HP and in MPG at the same time :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Everything you like about the performance of your FBody the Vette has only more of it. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The Z06 is in a whole different class of car than the Camaro.I guarantee you'll be amazed. :z:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your purchase!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts