Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do a Cam and head package, would that be smog legal in CA?

So, with a cam and head package, with better flowing shorties and BB exhaust, do you think I can make at least around 425whp?

What type of package can I get and if with above, if I cant get that much, will a LSX Fast intake and 90TB get me their.

I just want to stay CARB legal.

I am at 360whp.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I'd go with a supercharger out in california (maybe the intercooled magnuson)

but if you are looking for a heads and cam? I'd go with the 224/224 .581 114lsa and 205 AFR heads..

Should with headers put down over 410 rwhp....

Good luck

JB

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But would the heads and cam be CARB legal?

I have had a S/C before....just wanted it to look stock. They would both be about the same price ...well I think the S/C will be more.

Also, that head and came package would put me close to 410whp without the exhaust? The Ti would be sufficient correct.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Stock Ti catback is fine. It flows with the best of them.

As far as a carb legal heads and cam...? I'm not in california so its hard for me to say. I did my search over the net and found guys in california passing emissions tailpipe testing with the 224/224 114lsa cam so thats what I chose for my car.

The AFR heads are the best so they should help. I assume your going with shortie headers to pass emissions inspections.

Best to speak with AA Andy out in california for exactly what he can do to help meet your expectations.

He's a good guy.

Good luck.

My suggestion?

Go with the intercooled magnuson supercharger like Sanford as I believe his requirement was carb numbers for the state.

·
Registered
200 Posts
With mods and H/C package, I think you'll do alot better than just 425RWHP. Probably closer to 450-475.

Mike. :z:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts