Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to order the vararam system from lapd what is there special filter like??? what filters are you guys using with this system?? ive finally decided between this and the vortex and i just wanna make sure i get the right filter thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
xxsvtcobrakidxx said:
about to order the vararam system from lapd what is there special filter like??? what filters are you guys using with this system?? ive finally decided between this and the vortex and i just wanna make sure i get the right filter thanks
I would go with the VARARAM and there filter. I got mine back in the fall and to be honest I was just a little concerned about the filter ( you can see through it :( ) . It is based on a proven BAJA design and BAJA is dusty so I went with it. The worst thing that will happen is you will have to fit a K&N to it if you are concerned. You need to decide what you are going to do with the car save it for posterity or drive it like your hair is on fire. If you choose the latter I would say go with the supplied filter and just enjoy the car . Sooner or latter it ( the Vette ) will have problems it the nature of the beast if you drive it hard so if you suck a little dust in it's all part of the game. If it is a garage queen then leave it stock , wash it , wax it and look at it in your drive way. As for me I will drive mine like my hair ( if I had some :D ) was on fire and when it brakes I will fix it. I am not trying to be sarcastic it is your VETTE so treat it as you see fit this is JMHO :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
The filter that comes with it sucks. I am going to likely get the K&N to replace it. You can also use the Baja filter (that comes with it) and spray it with some PJ1 oil that the motorcycles use, but you can still see right through the damn filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts