Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

Just about done on a deal for an 02 z06 and have a couple o' questions.

1) current owner painted the mesh behind the brake ducts red, I'd like to make them black again. Is it easy to get at that screen mesh and pull it out and repaint or will i have to replace the entire thing? Anyone want to trade or is it easier to repaint. Any links or ideas for removal?

2) Car has mod red interior and I think I can probably get used to it but I don't like the red speaker grilles at all. Are they easy to switch out? Anyone want to trade or is it easier to just repaint.

Thanks all, once I'm 100% sure the deal is a go I'll post details I'm SUPER excited but won't be happy until title is in hand.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
The mesh should be easy to remove.

Once you drive the car, you won't care what color anything is! :yeadog:

Good luck on closing the deal....keep us posted, and don't forget to join the fun at the Z06 Fest in July. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
If the car is clean and well maintained, the brake duct screens are no biggie. Very cheap fix and easy to change. I'm a little biased on the interior thing, so i won't try to sway you on the ModRed. Let us know how you make out and post pics when you get her.
Welcome aboard:z:

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Welcome to :z: and good luck on the pending Z
on your 2) ... I don't have the shop manual, but I remember a post some time back indicating it was a PITA to swap out the grill covers.
You might try a search.
Let us know when you own that bad boy! :jammin:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Hope your deal works out. Changing out the rear brake ducts is a no brainer. I did that last year, they had gotten scoured from road grit and needed changing. I think they cost around $ 100 for OEM replacements ( I could be wrong here, the memory isn't as good as it was a few years back). Anyway, was a simple job.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Don't worry about the int or the grills, they are easy fixes. Your going be looking at bigger things to mod after you get your Z. Or maybe not. Mine is still sort of stock.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the Best Vette Site!! :z: :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts