Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed fot the last couple of months, when I back up at 10-15 mph, and turn the wheeland hit the brake the same time, I get a lot of ABS noise. At least I think that is what it is. Almost sounds like a tire rubbing on an inner skirt. If I turn the traction control off though, there is no noise,no matter how fast and hard I back up and touch the brake. Anybody elses do this? :-?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Baron,

What you're experiencing is normal.

Active handling is being invoked because the sensors do not include "exception handling conditions" for when the tranny is in reverse and the car is backing-up.

So when backing up at more than slight throttle, if the steering wheel position is turned sharply, its sensor will register a different intended direction than the car is actually moving. This is exactly the conditions that cause active handling to be invoked when going forward.

Isn't an issue once you understand what's happening; until then, it's startling.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ranger

I thought it might be " normal", but wasn't sure. Thanks for the reassurance. I feel much better now. Being in the trade, I would hate to have to take my car in for "warranty work'. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts