Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I flew down to Minneapolis from Calgary, Alberta and picked up my 02 Z. What an absolutely amazing car. Thats about all I can say at this point. I drove it home 1300 miles without a hitch, getting 30mpg at 80 mph with the A/C on in 105 deg heat. Not a hint of trouble. Just amazing. Passing doesn't seem to be a problem either :)
On the way home I stopped at my parents' house and installed a power steering conversion kit in my dad's 65 vette, here are some pics of the 2 best looking ladies in my family! Hopefully my mom and sis don't read this.

Thanks, Noel

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Pictures :z:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Great looking Vettes. Does your Dad let you take the 65 out for a spin and did you let him drive your new Z? :jammin: :jammin: :jammin:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Very nice!! Congrats on the new addition.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. My dads vette is just a non numbers matching daily driver. It's got a warmed over 350 with an M21, new white leather interior and true knock off wheels. It's an absolutely beautiful car.
As for the driving...I was nicer to him than he was me. The first time he let me drive his vette he HAD to come along. I tossed him the keys to mine and told him to fill his boots! Father and son vettes...it puts a smile on my face you couldn't slap off.

Noel.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Nice looking cars.
Which conversion kit did you install in the 65? I have a 63 SW and would like to do the same.

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tony, I got the kit through a corvette company in Texas on Ebay. I won't put their name here because they were complete cr#p to deal with and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. It was about a $700 but once all the parts showed up it went together in about 4 hrs and works excellent.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z :z:
Enjoy! :jammin:

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
:cheers: Congratulations on the New Car, and great color of choice :guiness:

Peelin' Out
Ted :cheers: :usa:

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Wow, 30 mpg! I'm only getting 28 mpg but the "fun factor" compensates for the difference.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of two sharp cars. :z:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
That is two good looking rides! :thumb:

·
Registered
515 Posts
That is awesome! Your dad must have had a comment on the modern performance eh?
I bet he was thinking wow what a car! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Awesome duo man! Enjoy the new ride. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts