Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I have used the old fashioned chamois to dry my cars after washing. Have heard good things about the "absorber." Anyone here use it? Comments?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Tony,

I use the "California Water Blade" and then finish it off with a 100% terry cloth towel. The water blade removes 95% of the water before I do the final drying.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Leaf blower or 100% cotton towels made in the USA, white in color and Fieldcrest or Cannon. Zippy having said that the absorber seem to be softer and will stay softer than a natural chamois.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I use the absorber. It works great. You don't have to get it wet first, always stays soft. When you wring it out, it's practically dry. Also cleans up easily.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the info....will buy an absorber instead of another chamois.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What is an "absorber" and where do I find them.

Thanks,
Donovan

·
Registered
906 Posts
The blowers can throw debris at your paint at high velocity (occasionally). The CA WaterBlade® is cheap & REAL easy... I got rid of my chamois! ALSO, power cunsumption for WaterBlade® (or chamois) is NADA... my $.02

HarleyB

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Harley, about once a week a customer will come for Zaino and show me what the Waterblade did to his finish, you have to have the car very clean or they can scratch.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I agree the car has to be clean but that is true no matter what you use.

I use the water blade, then I use my compressor with an air nozzles for places like the tail lights then finish up with a nice soft, 100% cotton towel then always Z6.

With care, the water blade saves a lot of time. I am, however about to buy an electric leaf blower. My wife already thinks I'm nuts so I might as well prove it. I have a two stroke, gas, leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher but it is a push around machine so I can't use it on the cars. When she sees me buying a leaf blower and wants to know why I need another one and I tell her because I can't pick up the one we have to use it on the cars she is going to fall down laughing.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I am a firm believer in the "Blower", and I just LOVE it when she does it! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
122 Posts
doe the word ANAL come into play here-an electric leaf blower ?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I use my wife's best bath towels! They work great. I use one to do a pre dry then a second to finish an lightly polish and buff the wax. there's only one problem which was brought to my attention the other day

After working on the car and then washing and drying it; I proceeded to take a shower. When I was in the shower she entered the bath room.
I asked if she was getting in.
She said, "NO!, I've got better things to do!" and stomped out.

Upon exiting the shower I found all the towels gone and only a small red shop rag on the towel rack!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update:

Bought the "absorber" and used it for the first time on the Vet....noticed water spots on the hood, and streaks on the outside mirrors. Going back to the good ole fashioned chamois, and saving the "absorber" for use on my other cars only.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts