Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there tonite have the Accel 30# injectors? Gotta question about the seating arrangement. First/Top ring or factory second ring for seating?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the Accel injectors and they went in just fine. I took the fuel rail completely off of the car and this made it much easier. I don't understand your question. What do you want to know?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are more than 1 ring on the top of the injectors, the very top is a "full circumfrance" ring vs. the 2nd ring for the rail clip which one are yours in. The note in the box says "some models use top "Full C" ring. I have them in the factory 2nd ring now and don't hear any manifold leaks, but didn't do a wet test yet around the injector to check for leakage. Which ring are yours in? The 2nd down half ring or top full ring? :cheers:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Mine are in the half ring.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Butcher,

Then everything should be fine! Funny pamplet that uses such sophisticated engineering terms like "SOMETIMES" and "MOST THE TIME". Next time I wish they would'nt be so helpful. :lol:

I will admit I was in a hurry and forgot to measure comparable heights for alignment, I think they call that bass ackwards engineering! :lol:

It did pop a rich code but I guess I'm not surprised since I trained it with better plug wires and a K & N filter. I figure one minute it's adding little fuel to the trim and the next it's taking it away. +5% to -20% does equal a 25% total variance how ever the numbers actually came out, it obviously went over the threshold. The lower duty cycles are worth it. The good news is that it's ready for more air now if so desired. Just gotta dial in the WOT and we're on our way!

Thanks again for the response it's nice to compare notes.

Oh, how lucky can a guy get. A brand new 76 station w/car wash and all just reopened in town after a complete tear down. (We had a new under ground storage tank law pass not too long ago, stations closing everywhere, some reopen, some don't) And guess whats in the ground. Six (6), yes count them! No less than six (6) PUMPS @ yes, 100 OCTANE. Yes, Virginia! There is a Corvette God, and he's here to service the Z06! :cheers: :guiness:

:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
Where is the station man? In Mountain View where, where, where? What intersection?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This station is in South Orange County, in Laguna Hills at the La Paz exit off Interstate 5. It even has an addorable little waterfall out front! :lol:

Now, where is Mouintain View again!, Up north?

M.V. is Mission Viejo!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yeah, Mountain View is in the SF Bay Area. I thought we were set.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I got excited there for a sec!

I also thought MV was Mountain View, it's funny how we Bay Area peeps think alike.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hey, I thought it was Mountain View as well and I'm east coast. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts