Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"If Dodge's SRT boyes weren't already nervous about the new 505bhp Z06 spanking their Viper, they'll be positively shaking after they hear Chevy has been testing a supercharged version of Amercia's favorite sports car. How do we know?
Anyone who heard it hammering around teh Nurburgring said the sound could only come from a supercharger!
If the car sees production in 2006, figure on about 600bhp and a $100,000 price tag."

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Dave Hill said the new Z has everthing GM can throw at it. If your waiting for something better, stock up on the "Grecian Formula" :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
In front of the museum at the Z06 Fest, Dave Hill implied that development was continuing in the "Blue Devel" direction (or at least to me it sounded like it). JMHO ... FWIW

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Someone forgot to tell R&T that the magazine they plagiarized that story from (S/C Blue Devil at the Northloop) - was wrong... :p

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Outside the Hampton during the Fest we had an engineer there for almost 2 hours.
Speaking with him I asked him point blank "so is the next one supercharged or turbocharged?" I didn't even give him a chance to answer and said "just kidding, I know you can't answer that. It'll be your ass." He smiled and we bullcrap a little more about security and such and off guard I make the statement but you do know which it is and he nods yes.
So without telling me which it might be he did confirm forced induction.
No reactions really by the name Blue Devil, I got his attention when I said Stingray.

Somethings comming. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
FRC Tom said:
Somethings comming. :cool:
And when the time comes... we will have eyes and ears on the ground to expose it's first outings in Germany... :yeadog:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Where the heck did they get this "The sound could only come from a SC" deal??

I have heard the C6 Z more than a few times reved to redline, and it doesn't sound ANYTHING like a SC's engine would. Some people I tell ya.. :screwy:

·
Registered
460 Posts
Car and Driver television aired this weekend that they had spy shots of this car at Nurburgring and referred to it as code name "Blue Devil". They said that highly tuned ears reports that the sound could only be that of a supercharger and they estimate 700hp and a price over $100,000.

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
one day chevy will make a really cool v8 car in fiberglass... with 2 seats..

uhhhhh....

oh..
nevermind

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wished they had gone the turbo'd route rather than supercharged (if they are indeed building it). I think superchargers are falling out of favor to turbos. I've heard Mercedes is going from superchargers to turbos, because turbos are less noisy, lower cost, and result in lower fuel consumption.

Michael

1 - 17 of 17 Posts