Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Accurate is a G Timer vs a real 1/4 run???
I assume the G timer begins timing as soon as you move, vs the lights, which begin when you break the line.

Also on a stock Z, what is the best range one can get a 1/4 run(Stock tires).
Now new tires like a set of Nitto 555R2, not the drag radials, what is the range.
I assume if a aftermarket clutch is added, this will help the et's..

·
Registered
382 Posts
I borrowed a friend's G-timer for a few months and did 0-60 runs every so often on my very lightly modded(Halltech Stinger & B&B Bullets) 01 Z and got a best of 4.59seconds while spinning first. It's pretty damn accurate to me. Gives you a slew of useful info from 60 ft times to 0-10,0-20,0-30mph times,etc. Never got a chance to do a 1/4 mile run though. You can adjust for how it begins timing....12" rollout or no rollout. I believe car mags do a 12" rollout. Fun toy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's pretty close -- been down the 1/4 several times with it on and it was pretty darn close. The .1 of a second was what I remember it to be.

John.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine ran about .3 faster than the actual et but the mph was right on. Every run was consistant with the others.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Also,I would get the Passport G-timer GT2 model....it runs for about $179. Lots of cool data features and is built very nicely. Gives more data than the G-tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts