Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got a digital tire gauge.It's called the "Accutire Digital tire gauge".I compared it to a analog guage and get 2lbs differance between the two.Which one do you believe? Does anybody know of a accurate tire gauge and where i can get one. To find out which one is accurate i'll need a third.Thanks Greg. :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Try the digital one from Radio Shack....It work Great!:D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I have a Rebco 0-60lb gauge, meant for circle track racing. I'm usually not to worried about being spot on 30lbs, as having repeatability with the same gauge.

In general I tend to distrust digital gauges, as they tend to round off the last digit. Old analog gauges you can see when the needle is at 3/4, the digital ones tend to bounce the last digit to 0 or 5, and you can't see where it is in between.

That probably doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The digital gauge from Radio Shack is only $7 and is very accurate for your needs. It displays to 5/10 of a pound. I compared mine to the analog gauge that we use at the NASCAR track and it was spot on. Now an interesting asside is that the reading on the DIC on my 98 is always 1 pound less than a tire gauge shows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts