Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to order and install the 3 qt. Accusump (with the appropriate epc valve and check valve) and either the DRM stand alone engine oil cooler kit or the DRM radiator with built in engine oil cooler kit. The oil cooler and the radiator w/built in cooler come with the necessary hardware for the install and plumbing. What else do I need in terms of fittings and line to plumb in the Accusump? Also, do either of the coolers require more or less line, fittings, etc.? Finally, if I do a remote filter, what else do I need? My goal is to have it all shipped in one shot and not have to worry about having to head to the parts store or order more parts online in the middle of the install. I know many of you guys have done something similar and I'd like to draw on your collective experiences. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Smart to do the cooler and Accusump at the same time, wish I did mine that way. Depending on how you choose to install, you will need a T fitting and the appropriate AN fittings for where you cut the line to install the T and check valve. Aeroquip makes a really nice attachment for a bench vise that makes assembling AN fittings a breeze. You'll also need enough wire to run to a switch in the cockpit.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Research the remote oil filter idea. The oil pan on the LS6 engine has it's own issues. The oil going thru a restricted orface for short distances is one thing but if oil lines are small for longer runs the added resistence is going to take it's toll. All the kits I seen us -8 lines. For the oil cooler I'd be looking at -12 and the same for the oil filter as they are in series.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts