Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out driving today (01 Z06 with 4500 miles) and got three different messages displayed on the dash. 'Act Handling Warming Up', followed by 'Service Act Handling' and then 'Service Vehicle Soon'. These three messages repeated even when I turned the Active Handling off.

So, I pulled over, tuned off the engine, and restarted the car. Wow, problem solved I guess, the messages haven't reappeared.

Does anybody know what 'warming up' means for active handling? I'll probably wait until the car does this again before I schedule a dealer visit.

Jim

·
Registered
251 Posts
There are several post on this subject. Try doing a search. Bottom line, if doesn't happen all the time it is nothing to worry about. In 3 month I have had it 2 or 3 times.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The normal sequence for the message is 'Active handling warming up', followed up a 'warmup complete' message. The 'service active handling' doesn't sound right. Pull your codes and see what's going on.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Had it a few times this past weekend at Pacific Raceways. In pre grid waiting to go out on track. put her in "Competitive Driving" just formy own ego boost, and the DIC stayed competitive the whole session. never got any other messages during the sessions.
Hi, Jim Hodel. What happened to the Blue Z28? Isn't the Z06 a step up? You came up to my house a few years back to talk road racing with pat, chuck, and john K. You gotta come up to PR for some track days. T9 is a real sphincter exerciser compared to the old configuration.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts