3,844 Posts
Competition mode, before I back out the driveway. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Z06_2002 said:
Competition mode, before I back out the driveway. :cheers:
Competitive Driving Mode for me..... :cool:

Pushing the button is a habit like clicking my seatbelt.... I do it without thinking. :D

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Comp Mode

Only if I am getting serious.................
Otherwise, I leave AH/TC on for street driving...........
But, usually I am in a serious frame of mind when wheeling the ZEEMONSTER:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Anyone who drives there Z without AH or CM on is asking for a totalled car. Its saved my ass numerous time already :D. If this car did not have these features, there would be totaled Zs all over the place!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I drive with AH/TC on most of the time. I always tune them off when drag raceing. Competion mode when I know in advance that I will be trying to drive over my head. Ric

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I leave mine on 60% of the time. When I want to play,then I switch to Competitive Mode. As you know when you are in this mode, there is a constant reminder on the dash( that you can't turn off). If you aren't"up on the wheel", you could be off in the grass in a big hurry :eek:. What fun :lol:

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Baron said:
I leave mine on 60% of the time. When I want to play,then I switch to Competitive Mode. As you know when you are in this mode, there is a constant reminder on the dash( that you can't turn off). If you aren't"up on the wheel", you could be off in the grass in a big hurry :eek:. What fun :lol:
Baron,

You _can_ turn off the "Competition Mode" display in the DIC. Just hit the RESET button. You're still in Comp Mode, but now you can see your other gauges.

I do not like TC...period. If its wet or something, fine. Otherwise, its a hinderance when accelerating if it kicks in hard. The delay there is when it kicks in isn't good.

Trust me...0-60 in 4.0 sec times that these guys run is done with TC off. AH may still be on. I do like that b/c I'm not a good enough driver to get the most out of this car around the twisties anyway.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Since I am not Mario Andretti I leave AH on all the time except when I go to the track in which it is on Comp. mode.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So with CM on, AH is still on correct? then what's the key difference? when CM is off.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Boy, do I feel stupid

QUOTE<"You _can_ turn off the "Competition Mode" display in the DIC. Just hit the RESET button. You're still in Comp Mode, but now you can see your other gauges.>"
Maybe I should read my owners manual again. Thanks. I thought that strange that I could not monitor oil pressure/temp :-? And I leave mine on, cause I like going around "twisties" as fast as I can. Amazing how this(these) cars "Hang ON".Just like being on rails.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
zo6

Yes, when CM is ON, the AH is also on.
When the CM is OFF, the AH/TC is on.......
UNLESS you turn BOTH off........
Sounds complicated but snot!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
Drive with AH on..only in competitve mode when its time to play:cheers:

·
Registered
179 Posts
" I get by with a little help from friends " " gonna try with a little help from my friends " :yeadog:

·
Registered
778 Posts
The only time the system is full up (everything ON) is in rain or snow. Normal daily driving is in CM. I don't race on the public streets, but you never know when the challenge will be irresistable (therein lies a "kill" story). ;) ;) ;)

Joe :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Always use competitive mode. Not really sure when it kicks in though.

Went around a corner that was slick from salt dust, the rear started moving out of line but I didn't see any notice in the dic.

I instinctively let off the gas, maybe it didn't get out of line enough for the cm to engage.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Both on unless I am on the course. If it kicks in and you hate the delay and you think you are too good of a driver, then you are not. I can always get into trafic or pull into a small gap at a good pace and keep the tires from busting lose. If you think that the ah/tc is slowing you down, then learn to push to the limit without going over.

Whenever the system kicks in on me, I know I just drove it wrong and better learn to drive.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I use Competitive Mode about 90% of the time. TC is on in the rain and snow.

The only time I turn it all off is if I wanna pull a Rockford Files 180 degree turn.:D

AH has saved my ass more than once.

Paul

:z:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: zo6

ZO6LS6 said:
Yes, when CM is ON, the AH is also on.
When the CM is OFF, the AH/TC is on.......
UNLESS you turn BOTH off........
Sounds complicated but snot!!!!!!!!!!!:D
okay, therefore TC is off when CM is on.

Now, ic the light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Active Handling Mode on a regular basis. And Competitive Mode when.......you know!!! :sneaky: :sneaky: :yeadog: :yeadog:

1 - 20 of 143 Posts