Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first "Service active handling" DIC a few weeks ago, with no other associated problems, other than I could not put it into competition mode. UNTIL TODAY.

I made it to my first drag strip with a few friends. Being a little nervous and rushed to the line, I forgot to turn the traction control off. As I lanuched, it of course kicked in, but then told me to "Service Active Handling" AND "Reduced Engine Power". So I parked the car for 20 min or so when I started it back up.....no codes, DIC, warning lights nothing. So I tried again (this time in competive mode).....same thing happens! I tried once more with the traction control off and same result. I'm out of warranty, so I'm a little worried. Any thoughts?

By the way I still won two out of three races coasting to some deep 22 sec passes as the two camaros red lighted.....it didn't make me feel any better.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Are you running stock tires?

Some people have similar problems when they run drag slicks or drag radials. It could be something to do with the tire diameter and "squirm" you get from the soft sidewalls.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm 100% stock including tires. I forgot to mention, as would be expected, during my humbled drive home from the track...the car ran perfect!

I've got an appointment tomorrow to have the dealer take a look. I've read a lot of other posts regarding this issue. Has anyone looked into blasting GM for an obvious design problem. This seems to be pretty common.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got it back for the weekend while they order a new steering position sensor to install next week. Here's what the dealer had to say.

"Found no service active handling message on. HOwever, hooked up a scanner and founda DTC code #c1278, c1287, c1288. No description in the scanner. Performed dianostics for this code and is ok. Road Tested vehicle for an extended road test and was able to capture data twice when problem occured. HOwever, unable to pin down root cause. Suspect faulty steering postion sensor. Replacement estimate $357.00."

It seems like the car is also slow to accelerate from 5k to redline. It doesn't bog down, its just noticably slower and the engine changes pitch slightly after 5k (not the normal pitch increase) This started occuring right after I got the codes, but seems constant now. I told the dealer and they think said it is probably related. Why would this be happening with or without codes showing? Is it reducing high rpm power due to old codes? Any input would be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts