Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done tons of searching and can't seem to find any actual performance numbers on a procharged car. I'm talking about a 5-7 pound procharged Z. How much difference in performance will I really see from 6 pounds. Obviously the dyno numbers are awesome from 500-500 rwhp, but it is a centrifugal blower, mostly peak power. I'm not looking to be the fastest car on the road. I just wanna up the power, and run with faster cars. I'm also not looking for an awesome car from a dig. How well do you think the car will perform? I wanna see some actual 1/4 mile et's and even more so, trap speeds.

·
Registered
967 Posts
If running fast 1/4 mile times is your primary goal, you'd be better off with a N/A motor or a Roots type blower (Maggie).

Centrifugal blower cars power band are very difficult to handle on a 1/4 mile run. Their strength are in highway pulls.

It's not co-incidence that many serious street legal 1/4 mile cars are N/A.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1/4 mile et's are not really my goal. I really wanna see some real world trap speeds. I'm having a very hard decision between the procharger ( eventually forged internals with lower CR), and a high hp (450+ h/c package with 100 shot or so.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Most of the ProCharged cars I see run 125-130 MPH. ET is usually high 10's to low 11's.

Mark

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mdhmi said:
Most of the ProCharged cars I see run 125-130 MPH. ET is usually high 10's to low 11's.

Mark
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! Do you know what boost level this is achieved at?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Surfnerv89 said:
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! Do you know what boost level this is achieved at?
Should be able to get there within 500 to 550 rwhp in a procharged Z. If trap speeds are your primary goal, a Centerfugal type blower is the way to go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
One of my buddies runs 11.1 @ 125. That is with a very early ATI ProCharger (twin IC's, etc). I think he runs 7-8 lbs of boost.

Keep in mind that the kits put out by ECS and A&A are much more efficient.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
971 Posts
I my opinion Procharged cars are slow unless mixed with cubes/forged motor. Then the procharger is just a type power adder. I haven't lost to single one with stock cubes, when I had a mild H/C setup.

Kenne Bell has twin screw coming out next month. It is going be fast. 600 rwhp on a stock C5.

Also, there is a Cartek 382 cid 565/565 rwhp/rwtorque mag. car that just got running. No 1/4 mile results yet. That is going to be a fast street/strip car and very smooth and easy to drive fast.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I love my Procharger set-up. I haven't taken it to the track but have run a couple of 600rwhp Cobras that run high 10's and i beat them both from a 40mph roll on to about 135mph.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I had a procharger installed in my car a few months back, and I'm very happy with it. The acceleration is simply awesome compared to stock (which was good anyway). Well worth the money IMHO. By far the best performance mod I've made. Going with a forged 383 block in a couple of months, and having the boost upped. Can't wait ;)

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have an ATI P1 system...I have the 3.85 pully and am running 7 1/2 lbs of boost, as far as i can read on the gauge...I have had it to the track a couple times, the first time was a disaster...All over the place..The second time, i borrowed some tires and made about 12 runs...I was able to get a 11:21 ET 127.51 mph [not on same run]....I do have headers, and a safe tune..Hope this helps you :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts