Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an FYI to all ye Z06 Gods of the American Road who want to keep their low rolling thunder looking awesome...

Please look for my 427 C5R Z06 on Adam's Website and in their new catalog.

Much thanks to Adam Pitale of Adam's Premium Car Care products, one of our vendor sponsors. Below is a copy of the letter I sent to Adam along with a summary of some car detailing instructions I developed with the help of his fine staff. :usa: :usa:

In short, I've tried literally every car care product out there and ADAM'S IS THE FINEST. PERIOD.

As a doctor and a Diplomate of the American College of Healthcare Executives, I know the importance of quality, customer service, and customer satisfaction. I rarely write letters of appreciation because so few products really meet, let alone exceed, my expectations. However, I am writing to you because your products have far exceeded my expectations and are truly superlative.

Here's my story: I love sports cars but I especially love raw American Muscle and American sports cars. I own a black 2003 Thunder Racing C5 Z06 (named "THOR") with a 650 horsepower, hand built, 427 cid (7.0 liter) motor, Alcon brakes, DRM suspension, Ron Davis radiator, Vette Essentials red/black custom interior, Kooks 1-7/8" headers, Borla exhaust, Alpine stereo, 3.9 Rockland gears, MCM CF hood etc...This is a truly loaded Vette and has won nine awards at car shows throughout the southeast. It is my baby and a very serious show car competitor as well as a very serious street predator. My license tag says "VIPER EATER" which should give you a sense of the capabilities of this car.

You will find photos of my black Z06 on both the Meguiars and Zaino's websites as both organizations liked my car very much. However, I no longer use Zaino or Meguiars. I ONLY USE Adams. PERIOD. I am always looking for the best, the ultimate in car care, and so as a “Z06 Pilot” member of the Z06Vette.com forum, when I heard about Adam’s car care products I decided to give them a try. And with a 110% guarantee, I couldn’t loose. I have been hand-detailing my own vehicles for nearly a decade. I enjoy the process and the attention to detail that is required and find it to be quite relaxing after a long week at the office. Besides, I love cars. I love awesome cars. Over the years, I have tried all of the top products - and a few wannabe’s - on the market including Zymol, Griot's Garage, Mother’s, Meguiars, and most recently Zaino. All of these products are good, some are excellent at some areas of car care but not as good in others. Adam's car care products are ABSOLUTELY SUPERLATIVE at ALL ASPECTS OF CAR CARE. From his ButterWax, to his VRT, to his leather care - it’s ALL ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I DO NOT USE ANYTHING ELSE EXCEPT ADAMS.

Since I am a scientist by training, I decided to perform a very simple test. I took the black hood from my original C5 Corvette and washed and clayed the entire hood and then put a piece of masking tape down the center. I then applied a single coat of Zaino Z5/Z6/Z2 to the left-hand side, and Adam's car care products - swirl remover, polish and Butter Wax, to the right hand side. Guess which side was obviously superior? ADAMS!!! I could not believe the difference and am absolutely sold on Adam's products. Oh, and Adam’s leather care is fantastic. My Vette’s custom Italian leather interior looks and feels and smells brand new. I use the leather care on all interior vinyl, plastic, and leather surfaces since it contains SPF 65 and will provide great protection against UV breakdown.

In terms of customer service, Adam's staff are simply amazing. I have talked to Heather on several occasions and she has spent several hours of time with me on the phone explaining Adam's products and some of the finer points of automotive detailing. I am attaching some instructions that I put together – with Heather’ assistance and ten years of my own experience - for the Corvette Owner's Club of Houston (COCH) and which have helped me to detail my car as efficiently and as effectively as possible. I am also attaching several noteworthy photos of "THOR", my Z06. It’s an amazing vehicle and I am absolutely delighted that Adams' products are available to keep it looking flawless for years to come.

FELIX’S PROFESSIONAL CAR WASHING INSTRUCTIONS…

For questions, call Elizabeth at Adam’s Premium Polishes @ (866) 965-0400, Ext. 102

Engine Cleaning:
1. Cover battery compartment with Saran wrap or a towel to prevent water from entering electrical systems.
2. Spray engine and engine bay with Simple Green. Engine MUST be COLD.
-Rinse carefully with cold running water – do not use either a pressure washer or steam cleaner.
-Use an air hose or reverse vacuum to blast off any excess water.
-Allow 30-60 minutes to air dry.
-Apply Adam’s VRT (Vinyl Rubber Trim) to all under hood rubber and vinyl parts.

Interior Cleaning:
3. Vacuum interior carefully
4. Clean leather with Leather Conditioner
-The leather condition contains SPF 65 sun block and should be used on ALL INTERIOR SURFACES – dash, door, center console, and anything that gets direct exposure to the sun. It works well on vinyl and plastic as well as leather. All leather should be conditioned at once a month.

Exterior Cleaning:
5. Wash car with Adam’s Car Wash and leave paint wet
-Wash car in garage in the SHADE with Adam’s Car Wash – paint must be kept cool. LEAVE THE PAINT WET and WORK ON CAR IN GARAGE…
-Do Fikse wheels last and do one wheel at a time using Simple Green and water
-Be sure to clean Michelin PS tires with Simple Green as well – or use Griot’s tire and rubber cleaner.

Exterior Polishing:
6. Using Detail Spray, go over entire car including windows with a Clay Bar.
-DO NOT CLAY BAR MIRROR GLASS (The glass is too delicate and has a special coating that can be damaged)
-The Clay Bar should not stick to the surface – If it starts to stick, you aren’t using enough Detail Spray (or other lubricant).
-Wipe off excess spray with microfiber towel or Fieldcrest 100% Egyptian combed cotton towels.
7. Apply 30% Swirl Remover and 70% Revive to a polishing pad, and use a Porter Cable orbital buffer set on 4.0 (about 4,000 rpm)
-Do one 2’ x 2’ panel at a time
-Wipe off polish when done using micro fiber towels or Fieldcrest 100% Egyptian Combed Cotton towels.
8. Apply VRT (Vinyl Rubber Trim) to all rubber, moldings, tires, and dashboard
9. Apply ButterWax. Wax should be applied on a monthly basis.
10. Apply Brilliant Spray on:
-Windows
-Fikse aluminum wheels
-Plastic and glass lights
11. Use In and Out Spray for final detailing of the engine bay, wheel wells, door jamb, underbody, etc.
12. Polish Fikse wheels and Borla exhaust tips with Adam’s #1 and #2 metal polish

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Adam, You couldn't ask for a finer endorsement than that. I think the guy likes your products. Good job Felix. I copied your post to a word file and will use in the future. Thanks very much.

D.J.

·
Registered
292 Posts
One item extra that I've found works wonders is applying Gel-gloss (I buy mine at Home Depot) to the windows after cleaning them. It makes the glass...well...smother than a baby's butt and will sheet water off so using your wipers would be optional. It doesn't last that long but only takes a couple of minutes to apply, dry and polish. Combines what claying does and RainX. I've used it for about 15 years with no problems.

It will also polish chrome and other metals and remove light scratches.
Great to use in your home as well.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Well, I took the plunge and ordered some. I'm always willing to try a new detail product so I'll see how it goes. I too have tried everything else from Armor All to Zymol with varying degrees of sucess.
If Adams is everything reported to be I may finally be able to get the finish I'm looking for without resorting to a re-spray of clearcoat.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Word of mouth, that's the best way to spread good things about a product. I have been using my favorite at the moment (another product), I might give Adam's a try sometime in the future.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I am saving for one of Adam's all inclusive kits to try on my machine. When I have been at various show's I could have sold a truck load of Zaino. I am a habitual detailer at the show's and walk around my car doing busy type touch up work on it. Spray some Z6, polish the wheels, put on tire dressing, clean the seats and put on leather in a bottle. I just can't leave it alone. I must have given out the Zaino web address at least a hundred time's. I have had guys buy partially used bottles of Zaino from me to use on there cars because they like the shine on mine so much. My car is Navy Blue Metallic and just glows. If Adam's is better than what I have right now it will really have to be a great product. I will definitely put it to the test. Time will tell.

D.J.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Been a Griots fan for a long time, but I gotta tell ya that Adam's detail spray leaves the car with more gloss and slickness than Griot's Speed Shine. I've stopped using water on the car and only use detail spray to clean it, Adam's detail spray is doing a terrific job for me.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Nice write up ScDFACHE. I wrote some testimonial myself about my conversion to Adam's products. Great product, even better service.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thank you.

Felix, I barely feel worthy of your utra-kind testimonial. Thank you very much for writing it, for sending it to us yesterday, and now for posting it here on Z06Vette. I am an enthusiast, and have tried to design a line of chemicals and products for the enthusiast. Your post makes me feel as if we are doing some things right. You have written the most articulate praise any customer has ever submitted. For that I cannot thank you enough.

Thanks again Felix.

-Adam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts