Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the latter part of my afternoon working on my Z.

1) Started off with Dawn to strip off as much of the NXT as possible

2) Dried her off with my 215 MPH Leaf blower

3) Used Adam's detailing spray and claybar kit to remove all remnant contaminants and residual wax

4) Applied a mixture of Adam's Scratch & Swirl Remover and Revive Formula and flashed the whole car

5) Used Adam's #2 metal polish and worked on the iForged lips

6) Removed the swirl & revive flash with Adam's detailing spray

7) Applied Adam's Butter Wax to the whole car and let it flash while I removed the #2 metal polish with the detailing spray

8) Removed the Butter Wax with Adam's Detailing Spray

9 & 10) Gawked and Stared at the wonderful finish and depth of the paint....never thought the factory paint could look so good.

I was always impressed with Zaino but it was too hard to get ahold of; so I made the switch to Meguiars NXT formula, and while it looked great, it definitely wore off too fast. So after some research and talking to other enthusiasts, I emailed Adam and ordered one of his detailing kits. It came well packaged but one of the bottles of detailing spray came in damaged from shipping. Upon my notifying him of the damaged product, Adam immediately gestured to send out a new container of detailing spray to which (despite my multiple turn downs) he insisted in sending. Quality guy and after seeing the results first hand, definitely a quality product. My hats off to you Adam.

Just thought it'd be fair to provide some positive feedback for a truly impressive product. Adam's Polishes....I'm definitely a convert! Here are some pics. None of them are touched up or sharpened....just resized to 1024 x 768. Finally, thanks to S-Tee for the suggestion to get in touch with Adam!

Aloha, Dave

·
Registered
119 Posts
Man your car is looking RIGHT.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm about to buff out a few scratches with my supplies and finish off w/some zaino, I'll be sure to post pics :)

That car is looking good

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Looks like something else I'll have to try :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
692 Posts
your car looks great.it shouldn't have been too hard to strip off the nxt.it seems to do that by itself in about a week.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Man! I do love that car! :yeadog: :z:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've been using the Butter Wax for a couple years.

:thumb:

·
Registered
638 Posts
EFI,

As always, I can't emphasize enough how beautiful your car is.

Black will always show how effective a polish and/or wax is.
Are they more expensive than Zaino?

Josh

·
Registered
736 Posts
Don't you have to order Adams just like Zaino? :-? I saw their demo at Carlisle and was not that impressed. It looked like a descent product but I thought that Zaino had the edge, especially now that the new Z2 Pro has been released. Coming from NXT anything will be alot better. Your car looks awesome. You gotta love a black Z. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys are too kind. Thank you for the compliments. The Kit I bought retails for about $200, but I'm sure this will last me over a year and I detail ALOT....infact everytime I drive the car.

Adam's isn't quite as har dot get a hold of because of it's list of available distributors (West Coast Corvette being one of the biggest that comes to mind). Compound that with 1st class customer service and I see a winning combo.

One thing I failed to mention, is how effortless it was to come off. Just let the stuff flash for about 15 minutes, spray on some detailing spray, and wipe off with the microfiber towel. There were no dark or light spots which I struggled with much of the time using Zaino and the finish is slick as hell (Due partially to the clay treatment I'm sure). I did the whole car in less than 4 hours....washing, clay, scratch/swirl treatment and Butter Wax. No more waiting 24 hours total to get it all done.

Who needs more time raise their hand.....:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
wow I gotta try these polishes. btw car looks awesome- what hood is that? I'm a newbie but I think those are the specter werkes headlights right? Anyhow man thats the best looking Z06 I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all.

Tuned, that is the Motor City Mold Hi-Rise with the carbon center. Check out Mike at MCM, he's awesome to work with. You are correct about the lights. SW HID Stage II's.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Lookin Good :z:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Thats one hot looking ride,--- I think. No wait, let me get my Raybans. Yep I was right, one hot lookin ride. :D

Nice detailing

Zrod

1 - 20 of 81 Posts