Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i broke down and order the Adam Polisher products. One question i can not figure the answer to was this. I watched the DVD that came with it.... When he was done claying the car i noticed he DID NOT rinse the car off but instead proceded to wax it with the claybar resedue still on. So is this a good idea? Ohh i also learned from that video that once your microfiber is almost gone, you boil it and in 10 mins it is good as new. I will cook up some microfiber this evening since i have a bag full of them at home :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm no expert but I think he said that the junk is trapped in the clay thats why he tells you to fold the clay when it gets dirty. Anyway I did my Z the way he instructed and it looks great . I suppose you could wash off the residue from the claying if you are concerned JMHO
BOB

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kool...do not feel like washing it all over ;) i am now researching the Porter Cable polisher... looks like i will be heading to lowes today to pick up the 7336/SP not really sure with one. Also i don't know if it comes with everything i need cuz i really want to detail the car today using it :)

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have almost always gone straight to the wax from the claying process and it works fine. As Bob mentioned, the clay is supposed to trap most if not all of the contaminants that are removed from the paint.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kool...there is this one spot on the hood that needs claying. When i clayed the car last fall i don't know how i missed that spot. Everytime i wash and dry it i keep forgeting to clay that spot. Will do that today once and for all.

So back to the Porter Cable issues. Do anyone know where i can get the 6" backing pad from. Do i need the polish/sand version?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
My 2 cents. Wash the car with Dawn. Then clay it and wash with Dawn again. Then apply your favorite polish/wax.

:z:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts