Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to try Adam's products and was curious as to if I will have any problems with the vinyl stripes on my car. I know that NXT says to keep away from vinyl, so I have been nervous with that. Will I have any problems with any of Adam's products? What is the best way to clean them and make sure I can polish the rest of the car? Thanks in advance for your help.
-Russ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
I hope adams works okay on the stripes :roll: .....I just placed an order for one of his packages for my z16. Could not pass up the 20% discount last week :yeadog:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
MPRTKLR said:
I have been wanting to try Adam's products and was curious as to if I will have any problems with the vinyl stripes on my car. I know that NXT says to keep away from vinyl, so I have been nervous with that. Will I have any problems with any of Adam's products? What is the best way to clean them and make sure I can polish the rest of the car? Thanks in advance for your help.
-Russ
You could use some low tack 3M tape, ( 3M #218 ). If you are worried about it you could perimeter tape the strips and go from there. Don't tape it in the sun and don't leave it on overnight.

D.J. :usa:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
You could use some low tack 3M tape, ( 3M #218 ). If you are worried about it you could perimeter tape the strips and go from there. Don't tape it in the sun and don't leave it on overnight.

D.J. :usa:
Great advice. Truth is, I have had ZERO problems using Adam's over vinyl, but it's always good to be safe. Some tape and makgins paper would do you well, but is not necessary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any reason why NXT says to keep away from vinyl? Honestly I dont want to have to tape off the stripes, b/c its going to be a pain. The thin red stripes arent going to be fun if I have to tape them off. EFI-1, you're saying you dont think Ill have any problems going over the stripes? Is there any reason why Adam's would be safe and not NXT? What exactly would it do to the stripes, meaning what is the effect it would have on the vinyl? Thanks in advance for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
573 Posts
placed my order of adams i told her about the stripe on my grandsport she said it was fine to use no problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,543 Posts
MPRTKLR said:
Is there any reason why NXT says to keep away from vinyl? Honestly I dont want to have to tape off the stripes, b/c its going to be a pain. The thin red stripes arent going to be fun if I have to tape them off. EFI-1, you're saying you dont think Ill have any problems going over the stripes? Is there any reason why Adam's would be safe and not NXT? What exactly would it do to the stripes, meaning what is the effect it would have on the vinyl? Thanks in advance for your help.
Don't know why NXT would state that. However, I have personally worked on several cars with lots of Vinyl (I am in Hawaii) and have had ZERO problems with any irregular marking or staining on the vinyl, nor has it caused any superficial damage to the appearance of the vinyl. I use only the Butter wax and detailing spray on vinyl FYI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
I used Adams products on my stripes and they work great. The brilliant spray glaze really brings out the red, makes it real vivid :D

By the way, I love their entire line, everything is so damn easy :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
I have been using Adams' polishes now for over a year on my Z16 and its' stripes without any problems...Like one poster remarked...bring's out the Red color in the stripes wonderfully...!! Adams' polishes are the only way to go if one is looking for the best shine and the easiest method to apply and to remove..!!! Met Adam at Carlisle last year...Great personality and dedicated to his work of putting out the best of the best....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Hey thanks for the kind words! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Carlisle again this year. This time, we are showing up in our own toter-home/trailer. We'll be right next to West Coast Corvettes, so please stop by to say hello.

If anyone would like me to do a demonstration on their Vette at the event, it will cost $0, with a $0 obligation to buy anything. Just pull up to the booth and say, "Hey Adam, come show me your stuff on my car!" I'll come running.

My cell number is 310-344-4290, so if you can't find me standing by, just give me a ring!

Thanks to everyone here for such incredible support, and have an excellent week,

-Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,580 Posts
Adam said:
If anyone would like me to do a demonstration on their Vette at the event, it will cost $0, with a $0 obligation to buy anything. Just pull up to the booth and say, "Hey Adam, come show me your stuff on my car!" I'll come running.
:eek2: ......I see a lot of demos in your future......great offer :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
Adam said:
Hey thanks for the kind words! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Carlisle again this year. This time, we are showing up in our own toter-home/trailer. We'll be right next to West Coast Corvettes, so please stop by to say hello.

If anyone would like me to do a demonstration on their Vette at the event, it will cost $0, with a $0 obligation to buy anything. Just pull up to the booth and say, "Hey Adam, come show me your stuff on my car!" I'll come running.

My cell number is 310-344-4290, so if you can't find me standing by, just give me a ring!

Thanks to everyone here for such incredible support, and have an excellent week,

-Adam
Adam,

Will you be running any specials for the folks who can't attend? Like a code Carlisle for a purchase? I need to stock up on your product's in the gallon size.

D.J. :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Hey Adam.....Whenever I read a post about your products,I always have to chip in and brag(crow) some more on such an outstanding product you have to offer....I mean guys...here was a die hard Zaino guy for years!!! And after having the distinct pleasure of meeting Adam last year @ Carlisle and seeing before my very own eyes,of what he was doing to my friends Dark Bowling Green metallic 2000 Coupe....it was just unbelievable!! To bring out that beautiful metallic green colour and to go the extra mile to CLAY BAR it as well!!! Well, making a long story short....I now have only Adams' polishes on my Corvette garage shelves...!!! Even went and bought the 7424 Porter Cable Polisher from Adam...Great item there as well...!! Will definitely be stopping by his spot @ Carlisle to say Hi and buy some more supplies..!

Great Job Adam!!!
David Delaney
AKA 'Zman'
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top