Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,
so I will admit from the outset, I have been using Zaino for 10 years. BUT, I was excited when I heard about Adam's here on the forum. I'm always looking for a better mousetrap.

So, I did my MS '04 Z06, and my '02 red Tundra truck.

I did half of each vehicle with Z-2 pro and half with butter wax. when removing the wax, I used Z-8 spray on the Zaino half and Detail spray on the adams half.

I prepped the Adam's half per his email instructions to me: clay, leave the residue on, his restorative polish applied with porter cable 7424, remove, then spray with spray glaze prior to applying the butter wax.

the Zaino half was prepped in a similar fashion. clay, leave residue on, porter cable 7424 using Pinnacle Paint Cleansing lotion, remove, appy Z-8 spray, then a single coat of Z-2 pro.

RESULTS: the Adam's side had a "clean" look to it. meaning that it was reflective to a point, but not deep or wet looking. The Zaino side of each vehicle was just astounding. Very, very wet appearance, extremely deep shine, especially on the red truck. I had two other folks compare, and they agreed there was much more "pop" to the Zaino side.

I am particularly surprised as the Adam's butter wax does contain some carnauba, and my experience with carnauba waxes are that they produce a very deep, wet shine.

Now I will say this: customer service. Zaino has always been good. Adam's is EXCEPTIONAL. Adam answered several emails from me in a timely fashion. the products were carefully packaged. any bottle that will be used with either a sprayer or flip top is shipped with a hard screw-on top to avoid spillage. all bottles are wrapped in shrink wrap.....very nice.

I spoke with a couple of folks from adam's on the phone-very, very nice folks.

so, as with most things, it's all a matter of opinion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the adam's product. I just found that I continue to like Zaino better, especially their new formulations. I would be interested in other Zaino folks who have tried Adam's.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Thanks for the comparison.

I have never used Adams, only Zaino products.

I think I will stick with Zaino.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
"Zaint No Doubt About Zaino Rules" :z: :z:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Zaino here as well. I won't go to anything else.

I spent 6 mos in Manassas, VA a few years ago and the folks at the Saturday cruise night at the Burger King (Bill Spano and Ken [forget the last name but he had a CompTA]) got me hooked on Zaino.

I just switched my dad over to Zaino as well for his Candy Apple Red '04 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, I probably should have taken pics but didn't.

too late as I already Dwan'd the car and got 3 coats of Z-2 pro on the Z06......man am I tired.

BUT, I have Adam's products FREE to anyone who wants to toss a couple of bucks my way for shipping...

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
jnjboc said:
yea, I probably should have taken pics but didn't.

too late as I already Dwan'd the car and got 3 coats of Z-2 pro on the Z06......man am I tired.

BUT, I have Adam's products FREE to anyone who wants to toss a couple of bucks my way for shipping...
Sent you a PM

D.J.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think if you used the Brilliant Spray Glaze, instead of the Butter Wax, you may have seen the "pop" you were missing.

I'm guessing, but my thoughts are that the Zaino is more of a pure polymer coating, whereas the Butter Wax is a blend of polymers and Carnuba. I'd expect the Butter Wax to give a longer lasting protective coat. In my usage of Adam's stuff, I tend to pair the Detail Spray as my cleaning step (this is between clay bar usages), then use the Brilliant Spray for the super shine. I don't need the protection of the wax for the Z, so I tend to use the Brilliant as my finishing coat, with wax applications occasionally applied.

Zaino has good products. I have them, and I've used them. The EASE of use for Adam's Polishes, as well as results that are equal or better (to me) than Zaino, is what tipped me in favor of Adam's. Then there's that customer service thing...

You'll find people that are adament about using Zaino, nothing will change their mind. At least you tried and found what you thought was better. :thumb: If you get a chance, TRY the Brilliant Spray--on your paint, chrome, even on your glass! Can you do that with Zaino? Will Zaino come off your black trim easily, without marking? Can you take the Zaino products out of your trunk, after driving to that show, reapply it and almost immediately wipe it off, with the same results you get in your garage?

Glad you found what works for you! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
jnjboc said:
...BUT, I have Adam's products FREE to anyone who wants to toss a couple of bucks my way for shipping...[/QUOTE

Don't forget about Adam's 110% satisfaction guarantee...

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Thanks jnjboc :thumb:

I was thinking and thinking about trying Adam's stuff. After reading your comparison, all I can say is..."what was I thinking?" :crazy: Thanks for your efforts. I'll stick with Zaino too!

Charlie

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well i was the same way with zaino nothing could change my mind.But what the hell happened to me a week ago with z2-pro streaking my car so bad it was embarassing.yea i know just use a damp towel a wipe but why after all that work. did i have a bad batch.i called they said maybe u didn't apply it on even.well i'm not painting my car..never had problems before with 3 yrs of use on my cars and several other cars to.i dont know just gonna give adams a shot

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
pczo6 said:
Well i was the same way with zaino nothing could change my mind.But what the hell happened to me a week ago with z2-pro streaking my car so bad it was embarassing.yea i know just use a damp towel a wipe but why after all that work. did i have a bad batch.i called they said maybe u didn't apply it on even.well i'm not painting my car..never had problems before with 3 yrs of use on my cars and several other cars to.i dont know just gonna give adams a shot
A few weeks ago I met a guy at our local car hang out. His black Lamborghini Diablo had bad streaks on the "hood" from some unknown product that someone had him try on his car. They weren't coming out. I handed him my Adam's Detailing spray and a microfiber towel to try out--the streaks are gone and Adam's has another convert...

:thumb:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Adam's Detail Spray is a VERY nice product. Here's a cool trick you can do with it when drying your car.

After you have completely rinsed the car clean of car wash, remove the nozzle from the hoze and let the water run over the car, sheeting off as much as possible. This will remove most of the water on the surface, leaving just a few drops of water here and there. When you go to dry the car off, pull it in the garage and don't worry about gettin in too much of a hurry. Spray a liberal amount of the detail spray on each panel (still somewhat wet) and dry them all off that way. It will remove any water spots and leave the surface very slick and glossy and make it much easier to dry the car.

I really like Zaino, but I do prefer Adam's Detail Spray over the Z6. I still use Z2Pro topped with Z8 on my car, though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts