Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought an 01 because i did not want the HUD and i wanted the forged wheels and i wanted the maf with the screen since i drive on the street only and want the accurate metering of airflow.i knew i could upgrade the 02-04 parts i wanted later myself.i installed the 04 shocks and swaybar endlinks and now i just installed the last two parts i wanted to change, the 02-04 airlid and 04 'H' pipe(cats).the 04 shocks are outstanding for the driving i do in east san diego county,california(mountains,canyons,desert)the ride is not harsh at all,smooth and controlled.the endlinks are a light,well built,nice looking part.i installed the air lid and 'H' pipe yesterday and drove the car 105 miles today.as soon as i started the car i noticed the exhaust was a little louder and had a more 'throaty sound'. driving the car the exhaust had a much better sound to it,the 04 'h' pipe really wakes up the stock titanium mufflers. plus i like the 5.5 lb. weight savings and the back pressure drop of 2 inches of mercury.i can't say i felt an increase in power(SOTP) but the sound of the exhaust tells me that engine is breathing better.the 'h' pipe is a direct swap so no problem there,the one difference i noticed besides the pupcats being gone is the balance tube on the 04"h' pipe has spot weld marks which tells me it has a restriction in it ,i saw no such marks on the 01'h'pipe.thanks to all for the great info i got in the last year.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Dennis...sounds like a good move swaping the newer model parts into your 01. Ive been thinking about doings some of the same...specifically an 04 cam and the shocks.

Appears the General is continually fine tuning and improving on various "parts" through the model years and you have the reliability of stock gm parts.

Sounds like some good mod's you have done to your car.

Enjoy :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z (which you've had for a while now) and welcome to :z:, Dennis.
Anyone:
Did the "H" pipe change in '04 from '02/03 or did it just change from '01 to '02? :ity:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts