Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added the GM front bumper fascia reinforcement part (25954152) to their non Z07 C6? I have been contemplating adding one to my car but it requires the removal of the front fascia to add the reinforcement. I really hate having to pay some knucklehead to remove the front fascia but it looks like its more of a job than I can tackle by myself. I was also going to add the Z07/ZR1 style front splitter which is why I need to add the reinforcement piece. I know some people have added the splitter with out the reinforcement piece, but I understand that the front bumper gets pulled down at speed and deforms the front fascia.
I have looked at some non GM front splitter's that don't require the reinforcement bar, but I either don't like the way they look or they all require some "cutting and shaving" to make them fit. The GM part is not that expensive but the labor is probably going to be more than the support piece. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find a post on google with detailed instructions which make it look not to bad. However I am more concerned with putting it all back after I get it disassembled. Guess I better take a lot of photo's and hope it goes back like it was to start with. May have to wait for a day when the wife is not around. I think if she see's me pull the front off she may have cow over that. Hopefully it can be done in 6 hours or less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts