Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds nuts, but it "seems" like my Z06 is not as powerful as it was when i first got it. in the beginning, it ran like a freakin rocket ....and then i was on vacation for 2 weeks, and when i started it up after returning, it just doesn't seem like it's as responsive or ..???

when the dealer took me for a test drive, i thought i was going to have my stomach in my throat. now? i can't repeat that same kind of take off.

does the z06 adjust to your driving? i don't drive like a speed demon all the time, most of the time just regular road driving. is this a factor? could i have "lost" some power?

Also, can you add power (turbo charging) without voiding the warranty?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
a car can adjust to your driving! but not by much that noticeable...

You couldnt add a turbo without voiding warranty...

If you only do mostly normal driving and you say your Z06 doesnt have the power it use to, something most be REALLY WRONG...

Trust me , when Im away from my Z06 when I get back in it its like a rocket, only if while you were on the vacation you were in lingenfelter and/or Turbo Vipers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reduced power

ok i called the dealership and they said that only when the "reduced power" light comes on do yoiu have a problem.

should i have them take a look at it? it just doesn't seem to have the kick it did right off the showroom floor. and is 2 weeks too long to let it go without starting it? or should i not be concenred with that?

thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
two weeks is fine to let it go.

the car will adjust to your driving but as stated not all that much.

try and undo the battery for a minute and it should reset that if it's the issue. then take it for a spin and see if there's a difference.

bad gas maybe?

check your tire pressures...some times that'll make the car feel sluggish if they're off.

you can always just go and get it tuned ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
markymark said:
ok i called the dealership and they said that only when the "reduced power" light comes on do yoiu have a problem.

should i have them take a look at it? it just doesn't seem to have the kick it did right off the showroom floor. and is 2 weeks too long to let it go without starting it? or should i not be concenred with that?

thanks for the reply!
My car is in storage for 10 months of the year. I only get to drive it in July and August when I am on vacation in Canada. I have never experienced the power loss issue that you have described.

Kurt

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Nothing to add to the above recommendations.
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all of the helpful

messages....much appreciated

it might be my imagination but i don't think so. it just doens't seem like quite the rocket it was the first couple of months i had it.

would the dealership be helpful? who is this Andy guy? i don't want to void any warranties

it could be the gas as i use the very basic unleaded...not the premium.

what would a batter y"reset" do?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
markymark said:
messages....much appreciated

it might be my imagination but i don't think so. it just doens't seem like quite the rocket it was the first couple of months i had it.

would the dealership be helpful? who is this Andy guy? i don't want to void any warranties

what would a batter y"reset" do?
http://www.aacorvette.com/

Probably the best tuner/mechanic on the West Coast
Very straight shooter and fair. If you feel your car is down on power have it Dyno tested. Then you will know for sure. Let us know how you make out. Anything else is just guessing :z:

·
Registered
212 Posts
don't skimp on the gas.

markymark said:

You should definitely use premium gas, as the vehicle is tuned for the higher octane. I'm sure others will also have input, but what you are describing may be the vehicle adjusting itself to run on the lower octane fuel you're using to avoid detonation.. :bang:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Regular gas??? Please read your owners manual before driving the car :eek2:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wits-Z said:
You should definitely use premium gas, as the vehicle is tuned for the higher octane. I'm sure others will also have input, but what you are describing may be the vehicle adjusting itself to run on the lower octane fuel you're using to avoid detonation.. :bang:
Wow...never use regular gas :eek: Your computer is pulling timing out and that is what you feel :yeadog:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Here's my theory...

When you drive your car, your muscles "learn" to respond to the forces that the car generates. Over time, you "notice" the forces less because your reflexes are subconsciously compensating. You don't really notice this is happening when you're driving the car continuously. In your mind, you remembered the first time you drove the car, and after a driving hiatus, you got in expecting the same feel. But your muscle reflexes remember the last time you drove the car, and the "feel" doesn't meet your expectations.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I can't believe anyone would put regular gas in their Z!? :screwy: :roll: If money is the issue, you would be better off with a Cobalt with a 6-banger in it. I hope your Z is ok. :mah:

Bob :NoNo:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
rpallas said:
I can't believe anyone would put regular gas in their Z!? :screwy: :roll: If money is the issue, you would be better off with a Cobalt with a 6-banger in it. I hope your Z is ok. :mah:

Bob :NoNo:
I guess he can't read the gas cap :screwy:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Regular gas? :eek:o: That's like living on bread and water. :cry: What did your Z do to piss you off that bad? :-?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of Rocketsled. I didn't think in that detail, but I do believe you can get used to having the power and it not feel like it once did.

Now that we know about the gas, I believe there is an impact there too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts