Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How close was the older admiral blue to electron blue, I had a 94 coup but pictures dont tell the tail, they look almost Identical. I like to see the two next to each other. has anybody seen both together?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have. Admiral blue is darker and more consistent in color (ie looks about same color from any angle). Electron blue is a little lighter (not as light as nassau blue though) and has metallic flecks in it that makes it look like different shades depending on the angle.

Here is mine is the sun... note the difference in blue between the sides (shade and the front)

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I just love EB on my Zee! Others blues were nice too, but I was getting a MY till I saw EB. It's been a year that I've owned the car now and I still am in awe of the sharp color and hues. Bill:cheers:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Ditto on how I feel about my EB - and now with the chromies, well let's just say that I should have done it sooner. I was told that Electron Blue was a mixture of Nassau and Navy. As for Admiral blue, fantastic color also - seems to have a bit of purple in it, IMHO. Saw a 2000 mile Grand Sport coupe at Carlisle for $37k which had me reaching for my checkbook. But then I heard a clearly threatening voice from behind - my wife saying "step away from the car and keep your hands where I can see 'em"

:NoNo: :NoNo:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Sometimes the best cost less. Other colors GM charged more for........there was no up charge for EB. It is the perfect color between Admiral Blue and Nassau Blue. Maybe it is because a woman picked it out instead of a man. I forgot her name, but read about it a while ago. I think who ever approved and picked out the '03 anniv. color should quit.

·
Registered
695 Posts
To me, the AB had a touch pf purple in it, compared to EB. The fine photos above show it.

I like both shades, but am generally partial to blue. 5 of my 6 Vettes have been blue.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics. Invision. Nice rides

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice photos, Mike. I'll have to do the same thing so people can see what a "skunk" looks like in both flavors of blue.

Basically concur with what others have said here... AB is the "bluer" color with a touch of purple. It is much more consistent than EB, remaining deep blue in all light conditions.

EB actually has a slight blue-green cast to it compared to AB. It is much more susceptible to changing light conditions. In bright sunlight, its higher metallic content reflects a brilliant blue hue but is much more subdued in shade or overcast conditions.

The EB applied at the factory is not quite as "deep" as that applied on my Z06 because the General puts down the bare minimum amount of color needed for coverage. A stock EB car parked next to mine may at first lead you to believe they are different colors when in fact they are the same.

AB or EB? Heck, either one is an awesome color!

·
Registered
695 Posts
What about Quasar Blue?

5 of my 6 Vette's have been blue. Among them, I had a 92 with Quasar Blue (which replaced Medium Blue...which I describe as metallic sky blue). I really loved the QB, but I think it was only offered 91-95 (or so).

I think the QB and the EB are almost, if not, exactly the same. I have not yet seen them together in sunlight. The AB (which I always admired...no pun intended...on the 96 Grand Sport), is similar, with a touch of purple.

To be honest, I never saw the EB beforehand and actually thought I was getting Nassau Blue (yet another blue I like very much!).

They just keep commin' up with new, better, prettier....don't ya just love it....
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
815 Posts
I parked my AB Grand sport next to the Z when i bought it. The purple thing holds true for my perception also. The White stripe plays with your eyes on the GS. Anyway, EB is the best IMHO but with this kind of performance, i would drive a lime green or a tangerine orange one.

Dr. E.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had a '94 Admiral Blue coupe that I loved dearly. I drove a '01 Z06 and wanted one sooooo bad, but no blue so I didn't feel too bad that I couldn't afford one. Then in '02 they really screwed me up when they made the EB and added the horse-power. I very sadly parted with my Admiral Blue and got the Z. I have seen my old car a couple of times and it still turns heads, but so does the Z. I think the main difference in the colors is the metalic in the EB. The EB really sparkles in the sun where the Admiral Blue shone. :cool: Both colors are great. :thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts