Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha all, getting ready to slap on my Reichard 3.2 and I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight on what's involved with the swap or things to watch for?

Also, did you have to retune when swapping to the smaller pulley? I'm going from the stock pulley to the 3.2 Reichard.

Any insight/info is appreciated.

Aloha, Dave :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
I swapped to a 3.2 and the job was easy. Locating the correct belt took some research and here is what I came up with.

Gates Belts

K061033 – 103 7/8
K061037 – 104 ¼ * With 3.2 Pully on Mag
K061045 – 105
K061058 – 106 3/8 * Supplied with MagnaCharger Stock Non Intercooled

I installed the K061037 over a year ago along with the pulley and have not had a problem.

After swapping pulley the boost went to about 7.0-7.2 so I got another dyno-tune but there was very little change in the tune BUT I felt a lot better knowing the extra boost was not leaning me out to much on top end.

Best of luck

George

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome info George. I had hoped you would chime in. Did you notice an increase in power?

I'm glad to hear the tune may hold, I am suprised to hear I will need a new belt. I spoke with ECS and they told me the standard belt will work. In any event, I will be headed down to the store today to go get one.

Aloha, Dave

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Big thanks to Got Boost for the quick help on the install. The $180 pulley is designed to increase boost and eliminate belt slip through a vented rib design. It seems to do the job great as I have noticed ZERO slipping and an increase from 5.5psi to 8psi. I am very happy with the results...but it wasn't all smiles today.

The swap started out using a 3 arm gear puller and an impact gun. We were able to remove the stock pulley without any damage at all. Next we used lithium grease to lube the pulley key and hold it in place while we slipped the new pulley on. To make certain the pulley doesn't spin off we used red loctite to hold the pulley nut in place. The disassembly went fine, but as I was buttoning it all back up I managed to strip the top TB bolt. Infact, I ended up gutting the first 3 rows of threads. So a quick trip to City Mill had us back on track with some black oxided Allen bolts that should keep me from stripping it again. They are also about .3" longer than the stock TB bolts which mean they thread all the way into the hole....That should also help keep me from stripping the threads again. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise! :)

Here are some pics from todays install......

Before and After pics....

·
Registered
562 Posts
EFI-1 ....a few questions

-did you notice a higher whine over the spectrum of RPM's due to the smaller pulley?

-what kind of increase in RWHP/RWTQ did/are you expecting from the increase in boost?

-what's your current RWHP/RWTQ?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1171, I have yet to strap the car to a dyno. I am going to do so very soon though. I am hoping for a 15-20HP gain from the smaller pulley, but am honestly unsure about how much it'll help. I noticed a nice bump in boost, but no gain in sound. Even if there was, I couldn't hear it from inside the car as the Bullets and LG Headers make way too much noise for the blower to overcome.

I'll be back with some difinitive answers soon.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Awesome info George. I had hoped you would chime in. Did you notice an increase in power?

I'm glad to hear the tune may hold, I am suprised to hear I will need a new belt. I spoke with ECS and they told me the standard belt will work. In any event, I will be headed down to the store today to go get one.

Aloha, Dave
The stock belt worked but I was getting slippage.

George

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I thought I could chime in on this one. I had the 3.2 and blower cam put in with initial install everything else stock. 503RWHP & 430RWTQ in 68 degree weather I was happy with the outcome, SO I just had to change something. Kooks, center section, Borlas and 3.0 pulley 500RWHP & 448RWTQ in 98 degree weather. Was it worth it? Sure, if nothing else than to satisfy me than to wonder how much it could help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Where did you get your pulley? I've looked on their website, but all of their distributors seem to be for mustang parts. Did you just order a 6 rib in a 3.2 inch? I'm not looking to add more boost, but I was told because of the "cross cut" design there's less belt slippage because no air get trapped between at higher boosts? (my Vortech is suppossed to be around 6-7psi, but it shows around 4-5psi. I was told this could be because of belt slippage) any comments/sugguestions?

·
Registered
67 Posts
EFI-1 said:
Interesting post Chris. Who did your tuning after all the additional mods?
21st Century Muscle Cars

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Z16-C5R said:
Where did you get your pulley? I've looked on their website, but all of their distributors seem to be for mustang parts. Did you just order a 6 rib in a 3.2 inch? I'm not looking to add more boost, but I was told because of the "cross cut" design there's less belt slippage because no air get trapped between at higher boosts? (my Vortech is suppossed to be around 6-7psi, but it shows around 4-5psi. I was told this could be because of belt slippage) any comments/sugguestions?
I got mine form ECS...drop them a line. :yeadog:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts