1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You betcha that's a good price :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I look at it a bit, and let me tell you Im a big fan of turbos, I love the sound and the power they put out, and I dont know much about them, but isnt that turbo in a weird location :NoNo: I never seen a turbo in the battery location, how does it get cooled, I dont get it, maybe something to look into to, I seems like a custom built turbo, which isnt necessarilly a bad thing but depends how its built, maybe a turbo from his supra with some home made pluming :lol:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
but dont get me wrong, $39k is a good price even if it didnt have the turbo, if the motor and trans is still good and the turbo is not working properly its not a bad buy, you could take off the system and sell the Blower unit if its still good :jammin:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I looked at some pics again and analyze closly and saw some paint imperfections or it seemed like it, maybe its been a wreak, but Im no professional plus its hard to tell on the pics, but If you really wanted a turbo car running good for that price, the wrecked would be some you would have to consider, the interior does show the milage is the truth :thumb:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Thanks for the informative replies, you guys rock! :cheers:

Where exactly did you see possible paint imperfections?

Also, here is where the turbo kit came from (reputable?): www.4redlinemotorsports.com

Also, to quote from the description:
The kit comes with a precision turbo, custom built intercooler made speciffically for the car, custom exhaust, thermal wrapping to keep everything cool, a tial wastegate, an hks blowoff valve, fuel system, a tune unit (predator unit which had the best map for what i was doing), a complete dyno tune, a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller, and mandral bent header.

Thanks again for the help, as I am clueless as to the whole turbo thing. I really was just looking for a stock Z06 and ran across this.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
indypartyguy said:

Also, here is where the turbo kit came from (reputable?): www.4redlinemotorsports.com

Also, to quote from the description:
The kit comes with a precision turbo, custom built intercooler made speciffically for the car, custom exhaust, thermal wrapping to keep everything cool, a tial wastegate, an hks blowoff valve, fuel system, a tune unit (predator unit which had the best map for what i was doing), a complete dyno tune, a greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller, and mandral bent header.

Thanks again for the help, as I am clueless as to the whole turbo thing. I really was just looking for a stock Z06 and ran across this.

I would love to have a Turbo V8 car, but I wouldnt put myself through those kindas of heaches, If it was that great he wouldnt need ebay to sell it for $39k :-? thats just my opinion but close to the truth :ity:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
indypartyguy said:

the first pic on the first row seems like the right side paint is a bit fade, again it could be just picture quality, and the last picture on the last row shows a bit of indent on the rear panel, but now it seems more like glare, but thats why I wouldnt look into this car, I would run a carfax and have mechanic check if there was body work done, From the beggining I see that Turbo kit as iffy, but you get what you pay for I guess

1 - 10 of 10 Posts