Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will need to store my 02 Z06 shortly for the upcoming MI winter.
I understand the tank needs to be full and the battery disconnected. What else ?? Does the Z06 need to be jacked up on all 4 corners to avoid flat-spotting the tires ? Does it need to be started every x number of days ??
Thanks
Thomas:eek:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just put mine away this week-end and this is what I did.

1. Changes oil & filter Mobil 1 5w 30. pf44 oil fliter
2. Washed and Zaino the car.
3. Covered exhaust tips with heavy duty plastic ( keep the critters away ) also put dryer sheet inside.
4. Put Battery Tender on.
5. Put backing soda in plastic cups inside the footwells and trunk to pick up moisture.
6. Put tires to 40 PSI
7. Put moth balls around car
8. Put mouse traps around car.
9. Cover my baby up with Wolf car cover and Pray for a early Spring.:guiness:

I hope this helps any other opinions are welcome.

Also WELCOME tsalva :cheers:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
2003anv said:
Just put mine away this week-end and this is what I did.

1. Changes oil & filter Mobil 1 5w 30. pf44 oil fliter
2. Washed and Zaino the car.
3. Covered exhaust tips with heavy duty plastic ( keep the critters away ) also put dryer sheet inside.
4. Put Battery Tender on.
5. Put backing soda in plastic cups inside the footwells and trunk to pick up moisture.
6. Put tires to 40 PSI
7. Put moth balls around car
8. Put mouse traps around car.
9. Cover my baby up with Wolf car cover and Pray for a early Spring.:guiness:

I hope this helps any other opinions are welcome.

Also WELCOME tsalva :cheers:
2003anv,

Ya forgot to lock the kitty in the garage...............

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I put mine away last week, did the following: Filled gas tank with Sunoco94, changed oil and filter ( Mobil 1 5W30 and a UPF44) washed and polished with Zaino, I put 36 psi in tires, installed a trickle charger to the battery and put the car cover on it. I also laid down,a large plastic sheet on the garage floor for a moisture barrier and parked the tires on 4 old rubber floor mats. The only thing I am debating about is, if I should use a gas stabalizer or not.

carzzy:)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
tsalva said:
Does the Z06 need to be jacked up on all 4 corners to avoid flat-spotting the tires ? Does it need to be started every x number of days ??
Don't jack it up and let the wheels hang for several months. Just leave it on the ground. The wheels will get a flat side, which will disappear once you've driven it for a few miles. Also don't start it periodically and let it idle .. worst thing you can do to a car. If you can't drive it and get it up to full operating temp, you're just injecting water into the engine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the storage tips!!
You mentioned some things I would never have thought about, e.g. moisture absorption and covering the exhaust tips. Have never stored any of my vehicles in the past - so its a new learning curve.Thomas

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Try This

Try the search feature. Type in storage and/or winter.
A whole bunch of good info.
A month or so back when this same topic was brought up, the fact that the wheels / suspension should not be allowed to hang down was brought out. There are a couple of products out there to prevent flat spotting tires also:D :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts