Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has an informed opinion regarding the better choice for use in a 427 build - please hop in. From what data I can gather, the AFR 225 has superior real world performance advantages over just about anyone's reworked LS6 heads. Performance measured not just by flow numbers but also port velocity...

Thanks!

·
Registered
971 Posts
ALL of the 7, 8 & 9 Second cars are running hand ported LS6, LQ9 or C5R's. I have only seen two AFR's cars run tens. Both were race cars. That being said.

With a F/I application it does not matter that much.

Cartek, MTI, TEA(They build both heads), WCCH (Calif.) are great head shops.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
BLEUBYU said:
If anyone has an informed opinion regarding the better choice for use in a 427 build - please hop in. From what data I can gather, the AFR 225 has superior real world performance advantages over just about anyone's reworked LS6 heads. Performance measured not just by flow numbers but also port velocity...

Thanks!
I'm not sure that is true. Several of the serious race guys I know are using ported ls6 heads.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I believe TEA has a raised runner LS6 head out now that flows big numbers for the stroker guys...I heard better flow #'s than Ls7's.

Bill

·
Registered
967 Posts
THRLSKR said:
I believe TEA has a raised runner LS6 head out now that flows big numbers for the stroker guys...I heard better flow #'s than Ls7's.

Bill
Agreed.

Out of the box, the 225's will be superior.

Put some work into them, the LS6 seem to have the upper hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts