Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 100 miles all I can say is you have got to be kidding me, my Z06 kicks a$$. I had a twin turbo Porsche in 96' and that was pretty bad, I had a Ferrari in 99' and that was even meaner, but this car is evil, I hope I can prepay tickets and fines because this car in my hands with another 100 hp will be trouble. ;) I love my convertible a lot but this is a go cart, my convertible feels like a Ford :( I will get to work tomorrow on many coats of Zaino. :) Get one you will not be sorry.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Hey Carl, I am disapponted that you took the car out w/o Zaino on it!:D :lol: :D :p The car does seem to get better with a few miles on her and that can only makes the smiles last longer.:cheers: Bill

·
Registered
228 Posts
After going through, a 2000 Viper GTS, 2001 996 TT and 1998 Lambo Diablo all in one year span, I could safely say, I made the right decision on purchasing my 2002 Z06. Coming out of those exotic cars, I know the Z06 can hold its own against those cars. My wife is so happy that I settled on a sports car without costing $100k+. My friends placed bets that I would not keep my Z06 longer than 6 months. With the rate I'm racking up miles on my car, I'd say they will be owning me some money in 6 months. Unless of course, Chevy comes out with another improved Z06. :D

Raymond

·
Registered
680 Posts
I agree...It's SCARY:eek: Fast.....I LOVE MY Z:D :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
I took a friend for a ride today and all he could do was laugh. :lol: Strange reaction, but he couldn't believe it.

I took the on-ramp to the freeway starting in second and accelerated to fourth. I backed off after 120. He couldn't belive how much pull the car still had when I lifted.

One bad car... I need a new plate.

·
Registered
0 Posts
100 miles already??

Wow Carl, that's a lot of trips backing it in and out of the garage!! :lol: :lol: :p :p :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I'm happy for you bro!! :cool: You made the right decision. I'm still grinning and I've had mine over a year. :D :D

·
Registered
631 Posts
It's great to see all of the company this car is being compared to. The other day I was at another car meet and man does this car ever draw a crowd. Looks like the whole world fell in love with the Z06 over the last year. Man does a lot of stuff ever change in three months - the time that I did not have a Z06 to drive.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zapper, please understand I am only comparing the Z06 to my Porsche and Ferrari in performace and handling, nothing had the fit and finsh of my Ferrari, but the Z06 was 5 times cheaper as well. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Carl...your doing the right thing by enjoying the awesome performance of your new toy..it was definitely meant to be driven..

I am laughing my @ss off as you describe the ZO6 as compared to the beautiful Mag red convertible you are selling..

Both great cars..but the zo6 is truly the best..

Are you sure you still want to add a 100 or more horsepower to it....?

As a friend I ask you..is it really something that you are driven to do?

If so..more power to you..if not..from your initial reports I understand that as well..

Thanks for the updates..

Its fun to read...

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
You got alot of catching up to do!

Carl, I just finished coat #12! Remember THIN coats! LMAOL!!;) ENJOY BRO! :cool: Les btw you created a Zaino monster in me!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funny you say that JJ because my fiancee picked up the keys and said she is taking the Z06 for the day, WRONG, now she wants one the same color, again WRONG, so she said that because I am such a d*ck she will drive the M5, women :eek:

J

·
0 Posts
:eek: Some how soon I see Carl's fiancee in a silver MB SL 500 ...the new one...

Just a shot in the dark and a guess but that will probably be the most impressive luxo convertible out for many years to come..

Only the best for Carls lady...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
NO!!! Some of us can only imagine the thrill of a Z06. :roll:

Unfortunately, there are many of us still waiting to get our hands on one of these awesome cars for ourselves. How about giving us hard up types the whole story . . . you know "chapter and verse".

Congratulations and may the smiles continue for the next 100 miles as well. :p

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Carl -- Seeing how you were the one who told ME about TPIS headers, I know you already know about what headers can do for a C5. But wow -- wait 'til you get some on your Z! Talk about an evil car! Weeeeeeeee!

It's interesting, but by the way you're describing your Z06 experience as though it's the first time you've ever driven one, I almost get the impression that you DIDN'T beat on mine when you took it to Berrel... Hmmm... Thanks!!! :D

So what are the first 3 mods?! C'mon.. We want to hear what they are.

-Kirk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts