Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be finally hitting the 500 mile mark this weekend.(No flames please it's my weekend driver).My question is: If you could go back to the 500 mile mark would you do anything different after that mark.Like driving habits ect. Lemme hear ya gang Thanks!:D :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
At exactly 500miles, I hit it hard for the first time....WOW, my first experience with real power!! Hit it!

I now have 1130 miles ....and I tickle the engine a little every day....

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I just hit 1850 one the way home..No oil consumption at all:cheers: :cheers: Smokem' if you got em'

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I have just turned 653 miles. I need to learn how to tame this beast and make it handle and go. But it sure is fun having all that HP and TQ under my right foot!!! :D :D

·
Registered
282 Posts
I took a slightly different approach from most people and extended the break-in process to 1000 miles although the second half was different from the first. For the first 500 miles I didn't go over 3000 rpm. Between 500 and 1000 miles I occasionally went up to 5000 rpm but not even close to WOT, just varying the rpms over a greater range. At 1003 miles I floored it. I was like holy sh*t!! The acceleration is brutal. Felt just as powerful as a Viper GTS that I test drove earlier this year. Though the break-in process is over for me, I still like to vary the rpms over a wide range. I think it's good for the engine.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
When in doubt, let the clutch out. :D At 499 miles I let her rip, haven't been sorry since, 900 miles and no oil usage.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Up to 3k+ now. One oil change, no oil consumption. I hit 500 miles on the way home, so the first 500 miles was very difficult (changing speeds etc. on I-40) but it was over in day. After that I have not babied the car at all. If anything, the car feels like it wants to go harder.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for all your experiences.I now know what to do more than ever. At 500 miles and one tenth it's hammer time and no looking back!!!!!!!!!!!! Z-ya! sideways for Steve!:lol: :D :D :cheers:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I remember when I hit the 500 mark! Outside of Padukah Ten. I had been driving like a friggen granny from Atlanta (Maxie Price) and the instant I hit 500 I let her loose to about 125. Got there quick too!! :D :D

Congrats on the soon to be milestone!! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Torched said:
I'm going to be finally hitting the 500 mile mark this weekend.(No flames please it's my weekend driver).My question is: If you could go back to the 500 mile mark would you do anything different after that mark.Like driving habits ect. Lemme hear ya gang Thanks!:D :D
No, I would not do anything different. I drove my '02 Z the first 500 miles as suggested by the video and owners manual. At 502 miles, I let her rip. I drove on a little traveled parkway out in the boondocks, stopped the car on the road and ran her through the gears at redline (6500RPM) to 167MPH in 5th gear, The Z was still climbing, but, I slowed down because I saw cars way down the road. I was amazed how quickly the car got to 167MPH, especially with so few miles on the car.:D

carzzy

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well gang hit 500 miles today and let her rip.Man this car has some balls snaps your head back.Love all that torque.Posted a pic of this milestone.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Stronger every day

We are now over 3,000 miles and I think the car gets stronger every day. The first 500 was done by the book. The second 500 was harder but not WOT. At 1,000 miles I kicked it in the ass as hard as I could kick it, all it did was kick me right back, damn car tried to stuff me in trunk.:D Did the first oil change at 800 miles, not one drop of usage yet. The Z is one hellofa monster.:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts