Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FRC partition definitely reduced the tire drumming sound. It's great for long trips. I just wish it was carpeted on both sides.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where can I get the best deal on a partition? I have seen a few and wondered how you picked the one you did. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Mark - I got this one from Nate at X-treme. (They are a participating vendor of Z06vette.com)

He had a group purchase going, so that's what I did. If you're coming to the Corvette Atlanta meeting tonight at O'charley's, I'll show it to you.

Museum Delivery Mirrors Memory Mats
FRC Partition
NCM Life #637
Corvette Atlanta
C5 Registry

My Museum Delivery

Signature by Jason

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Damn Vince- I forgot to check your partition out /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kinda like I spaced out right after meeting you Monday morning

" Hi... I'm Vince"
"Hey Vince... good to meet ya "

"Hey... I saw Vince and Bigtoe pull into the parking lot... " DUH /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess I was a little excited /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I picked one up on the CF from someone who sold his 01. He said never used. I can't tell if it ever has, but it looks great to me.

Now if only I had my new one to put it on....
chris

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chris - The delivery was terrific. It turned me green with envy. We had a great time. It's easy to see why you have a lot of friends

Sorry, but I also forgot to show you the partition. I was too preoccupied making sure Bob kept an eye out for me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not to worry - we'll get together soon.

Vince

·
Registered
165 Posts
Vince, thanks for the Partition report. I also got in on Nate's promo. Waiting to put mine in after 8/17 delivery at NCM. I was hoping it would cut down on the road noise....

Thanks for your ongoing contributions. I am learning alot.

Regards,
Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ken, NCM Delivery is great- do you know who will handle yours ? Adam ? Karen ?

Vince

·
Registered
165 Posts
Manatee - Vince, I don't know yet. I did meet Adam at the NCM last week while I was
at the plant. Judy was off last Thurs & Fri.

Any suggestions you have would certainly be appreciated. I hope someone catches us on the web cam. Frank is trying to get some additional banners printed up. I CERTAINLY want to make sure I hold it up at some point! I am not sure I can talk Mary into stripping though. I told here we had a contest going on but she thinks I'm c r a z y!!

Regards,
Ken-

·
Registered
338 Posts

On 2001-08-08 00:22, Manatee spewed forth this drivel:
Chris - The delivery was terrific. It turned me green with envy. We had a great time. It's easy to see why you have a lot of friends

Sorry, but I also forgot to show you the partition. I was too preoccupied making sure Bob kept an eye out for me. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not to worry - we'll get together soon.

Vince

Looking over my back as I type! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif Watching out for you, Vince! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Hey, where do you guys get the neat sigs? I need one for my Motorama Speedway white w/o BSMs Z.
Great to meet Vince and Bigtoe and to see Chris shake hands meeting them and say, Vince must be here, I saw his car outside! Great, even greater tour at the factory. Nice delivery Chris! Though we live in the same town and have not seen you since leaving BG last Monday!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Manatee said:
The FRC partition definitely reduced the tire drumming sound. It's great for long trips. I just wish it was carpeted on both sides.
Manatee, why do you state that you wish it was carpeted on both sides?

I'm about to buy one myself, along with the center hole cover, and besides matching the '02 carpet, I also wish that both sides (and it does sound like this is an option) were carpeted. I'm not a big fan of vinyl myself, but wondered what your reasoning was. I'm assuming that you'd like "carpet" on both sides for appearance reasons, correct?

Me too. :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Jim -- I just think carpet on both sides looks more classy than having vinyl. I don't think carpet on both sides would cut any more noise -- I think it's just an appearance issue. Personally, I think there is enough plasitc surfaces in the interior, so adding more vinyl on the partition doesn't help, even though you have to look back to see it.

I know alot of people like the idea of carpet on both sides, and its my guess that will become the 'norm' after Andy sees how many people want it that way :D.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts