Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am scrambling like mad to try and get a car delivered before Oct 31 to take of low interest rate savings. I am sure business has picked up for dealers temporarily. What happens when the low rate expires in Oct 31? Does everyone wait, hoping for another deal or rebate.....for sure the economy is not going to turn on soon....I know my company just announced 2300 people to be layed off....so far, not me, but there have been over 100,000 + layed off + lousy stock market(negative wealth affect). It may be a very slow November for car sales!!:-?

·
Registered
670 Posts
More than likely. The economy is tighter than Osama Bin Ladin's sphincter at this point.

I asked a dealer if he thought GM would extend the offer and he basically said it was doubtful but they were not expecting the special APR announcement in the first place. With the economy the way it is and a possible war in the horizon... Who knows. :-?

If I can't grab a deal with the special APR then I'm waiting until next year. That APR is too awesome to pass up! :cheers:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Do you really need to have the car delivered by 10/31? Why not just apply for the loan ahead of time? I think that should be possible.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Working in the automotive field, I forsee a long road to haul. They may not be offering 0% financing after the 31st, but they will be doing ANYTHING to move cars off the lots as dealer stockpiles increase. Perhaps rebates or dealer incentives. It is not a rosey picture for automotive companys. :( With thousands losing their jobs, that's thousands not buying cars. If diaper head wanted to dirsupt our economy, I would say he did a pretty good job. :(

·
Registered
631 Posts
"More than likely. The economy is tighter than Osama Bin Ladin's sphincter at this point. "

And how might you have 'come' across this tidbit of intelligentsia?

:D :eek: :D :eek: :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
Special Rate Deadline

To have the special rate locked in, you must take delivery by
close of business on 10-31-01 (as the program is as of this time).

TRANSLATION:
The finance contract must be completed and signed by close
of business on 10-31-01.

The vehicle can be built and not yet arrived at the delivering
dealer or NCM.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Given that Ford is also doing 0% finance, I think (hope!) there is a very good chance the offer will be extended on regular cars. We'll have to see if that includes the 'vette.

Another factor.. The current UAW contracts with all of the big-3 prohibit any plant closures until 2003... Unless something beyond their control happens.

From what I have read, there seems to be some wrangling going on over whether this situation qualifies, and just what the compensation for workers who lose their jobs may be.

So they may be unable to shut plants down as quickly as they might like - that may bode well for folks looking to get a deal in the short term. Obviously, it isn't good for anyone long term.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I think the coming of winter, the slowing economy will, and all of the serious "gotta have now" buyers have been satisfied, things will slow down, and good deals can be had until next spring.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts