Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will probably be hard to follow. Every now and then at full throttle accel, the car will feel like it dropped a cylinder when going from redline in second to third, then it will remain for a split second in third and clean up almost imeadiately and pull normal again. When it was tuned my injectors were at 99% duty cycle. I have checked plugs, wires, coils, ect. The car does not throw any codes. On the way home from the dragstrip I got on it and started to spin in 1st and while spinning in 2nd the ses light started flashing so I let off and it went out almost imeadiately. Thinking missfire I checked the codes, the only codes were for the IPC and it had lost communication with everything. No miss fire codes, no PCM codes at all. The car runs great so probably not a valvespring, and if it was it would definately show a code. Anyone got any Ideas? mods are FLP exhaust Xpipe High flow cats Borla Stingers, TR224 cam, Intake and head work.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Did you remember to put the car into "Competitive Driving" mode? If not, the PCM will reduce power when the tires start
slipping.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
You will NOT get any codes for a missfire or valve spring.
It sounds like the rev limiter cutting fuel off as it was at redline or T/C kicking in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But I thought P0300 was a missfire code? didnt get it but you think it would have set it off. This was not TC cause it was off, and it wasnt reduced power. The rev limiter is at 7k now and I wasnt close to that. and it continued to do it in 3 after the shift from second for a split second then cleaned up. What gives. Am I overrunning my injectors at 6600 in second and that lean state follows over for a second in third?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had a similar problem after a tune. I was able to correlate mine with temperature: it only happened on an extremely hot day.

At WOT in third above 4kRPM I would get reduced power and weird noises like sandblasting. It turned out to be severe knock at elevated temperatures. The tuner added a little fuel and reduced the spark advance a little and all is now good. Only happened in third, only at WOT, and in my case only at really high air temperatures.

If your injectors are maxed, maybe you are running lean under extreme conditions (like WOT in third).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts