Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced this with any of the aftermarket air boxes? It sounds like a whistle/squeak at partial throttle. I have the Halltech/TRIC setup with the TB bypass, and ported TB, w/ a 178 thermostat. I have hecked for leaks, vacuum or other, and have foundeverything to be fine. Is there a fix for this problem?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You will hear more of the air being sucked in with an aftermarket intake system. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I am sure what your hearing is normal.

·
Registered
837 Posts

On 2001-06-12 14:42, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Nope!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif No extra noises. I'm running a Vortex.

No whistle or any other unwelcome noise; I'm running a Halltech Tric with CF Cobra and racer's wedge air filter hanging loooowwww.

Ranger

Ranger

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the same set up and I aslo have the same whistle at low throttle. Had my car at the dealer for leaky differential and asked them about it and they also said it was normal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello.

What you are hearing is a normal sound. I too have a the Halltech cold air system and my car makes the same noise. Think of it as intimidation. A turbo kit? A supercharger on a stick? Use your imagination. Nevertheless enjoy your car and don't worry about it. Don't laugh, but I have over 22,000 miles on my Z and have never had any problems with my Halltech system. Just keep in mind that you need to clean the filter from time to time. I don't remember what the recommendation is, but I do mine every other weekend. "Cleanliness is Godliness."

Sincerely,
Justin C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts