Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to see some pics of what the head unit looks like...this DIN & 1/2 Delco unit makes it tough to decide how to put in another deck. I was thinking of mounting the Valentine 1 remote below the stereo to take up the space...anyone out there try this??? Any suggestions??

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hey man. The radio in my Z06 is stock. But I have put a $2k stereo in my 99 S-10 ZR2 which uses the exact same radio. These pics can give you an idea of how it looks when an aftermaket unit is mounted. This by the way is a Sony CDXM650 motorized flip down cd/md changer and reciver. 50wx4. Real nice unit. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Here it is open. It retailed for $450.00 a year ago. They are around $375.00 now. Not quite as good as an eclipse unit like I wanted but eclipse is a whole lot more expensive. It is a really powerful unit and does real well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Have you seen this unit in "Ken's Vette" on the Vette Essentials site? I'm told it's a Kenwood but have been unable to find any information on it at the car stereo shops and the Kenwood web site.

Great looking 1.5 DIN unit.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I will post pics of my new system when it gets installed----won't be for 3-4 weeks though

Kenwood KDC-X817 head unit
Kenwood KDC-CX78 10 CD Changer
Alpine MRDF752 Class T Power Amp
2 6.5" Boston Acoustic front in doors
2 2" Boston Acoustic tweeters in doors
2 Boston Acoustic RX57 Rear speakers (pillar)
2 10" JL Audio subs for wells in trunk

All parts used will be Pheonix Gold. Roadkill (sound insulation) will not be added due to additional weight gain.

All work in the trunk will be custom fiberglass built.

Total price installed $4059.38

1 - 8 of 8 Posts