Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
I can't think of the name of the Vendor, but that hood is a new carbon fiber design. I took that picture last weekend at the Mid-America Funfest. :D It's on Mike Yeager Jr's new MY Z06. Hopefully Mike, a member, will step in and give us details. :cool:

Notice the WWW.Z06VETTE.COM banner on his windshield?? :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like the hood that is on the Mallett vette in the last Car and Driver. It looks nice on the MY Z, and the color match looks perfect.:D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Looks similar to the Specter Werkes Power Dome IIX Hood but I can't be sure, theirs is hand laid fiberglass, not carbon fiber. I'm also interested in finding out. The Spector hood is about $1100.00, but I'd rather get a carbon hood with a 1" rise and vents.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Z4LIFE said:
Which type of hood is normally lighter, fiberglass or carbon fiber?
Carbon fiber is typically stronger and lighter than fiberglass... hence the new carbon fiber bicycle frames. I'm not sure about durability under stress and heat though it would seem than carbon fiber would be superior overall, but more costly too.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Mallett Hood

That is Mallett's hood. It is their "MCM" model. You can get it vented or not, fiberglass or Carbon Fiber. You can also get an OEM in Carbon Fiber. OEM = 36 Lbs. Carbon Fiber = 14 Lbs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey guys the name of the name of the company is motor city mold (i think). I will get all the info i can, as soon as i can.
The hood is exactly 10 pounds lighter and functional. From the inside this hood looks really BAD ASS. I have no idea of cost.

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.