The title says it all.

I'm looking to upgrade my radiator and am wondering:

1) who's already done this
2) Who's radiator they bought
3) How happy they are with it

Any help sincerely appreciated!

Thanks,

-R
Rocketsled, you might take a look at C & R radiators, I've had mine for almost 2 years and I'm extremely pleased. They go by 'crracing' on the internet.

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rocketsled,

I have the Ron Davis unit in my car. I bought it through Doug Rippie. Mine has the internal oil cooler. I can track my car in the Texas summer heat and have no worries what so ever. Build quality is first rate.

Dean

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Ive installed one of Andy's dual core radiators. I dont see much of a differance but I have the stock thermostat (for now). I installed water wetter and see no differance with that either. I think a 180 thermostat will help out. I dont think just changing the radiator will do much without changing fan on/off temps and changing the thermostat. JMO

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Rocketsled, you might take a look at C & R radiators, I've had mine for almost 2 years and I'm extremely pleased. They go by 'crracing' on the internet.

Mike
Hey Mike,

I checked out their site. Did you have to provide them with the sizes? Did you get one with the oil cooler tank built in. What kind of temps stuck in traffic? Or is it just for quarter mile use? Thanks, Don

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Hey Mike,

I checked out their site. Did you have to provide them with the sizes? Did you get one with the oil cooler tank built in. What kind of temps stuck in traffic? Or is it just for quarter mile use? Thanks, Don
Don, MCRacing purchased this for me a couple of years ago and I'm sure they had to give them the specs. I had already purchased a Ron Davis radiator with oil cooler and sold it before the install after seeing the C & R. I did not get the oil cooler because I only did DE's occasionally and had not had any oil temp problems when I roadraced. If I were roadracing on a regular basis, an oil cooler would have been a must. Between my C & R and the twin ATI intercoolers, temps have NEVER been a problem at the strip or on the street (even heavy traffic).

Mike

This is the best pic I could find of it from that time

·
Registered
687 Posts
You might also check out our LG Super cool radiator. It has an integral oil cooler and we use it in the World Challenge series along with other Corvette competitors.

We also supply the oil lines and adapter to pull the oil off the block to route it to the oil cooler built into the radiator.

our radiator is a direct fit replacement also.

Thanks
Lou gigliotti LGM

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Don, MCRacing purchased this for me a couple of years ago and I'm sure they had to give them the specs. I had already purchased a Ron Davis radiator with oil cooler and sold it before the install after seeing the C & R. I did not get the oil cooler because I only did DE's occasionally and had not had any oil temp problems when I roadraced. If I were roadracing on a regular basis, an oil cooler would have been a must. Between my C & R and the twin ATI intercoolers, temps have NEVER been a problem at the strip or on the street (even heavy traffic).

Mike

This is the best pic I could find of it from that time
Thanks Mike. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
L G Motorsports said:
You might also check out our LG Super cool radiator. It has an integral oil cooler and we use it in the World Challenge series along with other Corvette competitors.

We also supply the oil lines and adapter to pull the oil off the block to route it to the oil cooler built into the radiator.

our radiator is a direct fit replacement also.

Thanks
Lou gigliotti LGM
Thanks Lou,

Sent you a PM. The above line kit shows as a seperate item and cost on your site. Is this kit included now for the Super Cool radiator? Thanks, Don

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Be very careful on the Ron Davis Radiator as they won't cover electrolysis. I think they have this clause in their warranty sheet to get out of paying for any faulty radiators. At least that was my experience.....

Mine was professionally installed and developed a leak in less than 2 weeks. Called Ron Davis and they said it was caused by electrolysis, which wasn't true. Dick Guldstrand has a friend who is a former GM Electrical Engineer check my car and said there was absolutely no electrolysis going on and it looked like a welding flaw on one of the tubes. Tim Crosby at Ron Davis refused to warranty it. I was so pissed he hung up on me!!!

Thank God I bought it through DRM and not direct. Randy Rippie took care of the problem for me. After all the hassle I got from Tim Crosby I would never buy another Ron Davis Radiator. But, I must say they do have a great reputation from what DRM told me.....problems were rare.....

Ron Davis himself called me after DRM contacted him and said they would warranty it. But, of course, they wouldn't cover the labor costs to R&R the unit.....

I've had such great service from Lou @ LGM, next radiator I buy will be from Lou Gigliotti :jammin:

LGM has friendly and knowledgeable service that goes way beyond the call of duty to solve my problems!! I can highly recommend Lou and the guys :ity:

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I have a Ron Davis aluminum radiator bought from DRM as well, but that is the only part allowed by SCCA T1 rules, so I didn't have an option. I am very happy with the results and can honestly say the radiator does make a big difference in hot summer races.

If my car was a dual use car, I think I'd go with an integral unit so I wouldn't have to worry about too cold oil temps in the winter (which is an issue with a stand alone oil cooler).

I don't have a LGM radiator, but have read good things about them as well and they are a forum vendor which is a plus. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts