Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's using them? Any recommendations? Looking at a suede Momo that is 330mm - a bit smaller than stock (my legs are too big). What about adapters? Quick release? I know some of you T1 guys have replaced yours...

FYI - I have no intentions of street driving the car w/o an air bag. This will be used at the track in conjunction with a 6 pt harness.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hey dmtnt,

I've got a Sparco "Ring" which is 320mm Dia in smooth leather with 25mm dish. Mounted on Sparco disconnect with a sparco accessory horn button between the fixed part of the disconnect and the Momo adapter. Install done by Phoenix Perf, they got the parts from Sube Motorsports I believe.

The whole shebang end up bringing the wheel about 3" closer to me and that's about ideal.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I did the same thing with a Momo wheel and it works great. It's easier to heel-toe shift and the steering is quicker and lighter. I added the quick release and the horn adapter too since I do still drive it on the street occasionally. You'll see the ad for the quick release in the back of "SportsCar" mag. It works like a charm...plus it's a great theft deterrent!!! :D

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Chris,
I use the same quick release you described and love it. Agree it is a great theft deterant.

Kind of deflates the thief's ego when he looks in and doesn't see a steering wheel. I had one gawking teen at the Mall go to the passenger side to see if it was a Right-Hand-Drive English Corvette (export).

It's also kind of a status symbol at work when all of the health nuts get on the elevator with their bicycle seats and I have my racing steering wheel in hand.

Momo, Sparco, Personal & Nardi have nice race steering wheels

·
Registered
327 Posts
DJ,

I have a removable wheel on my Shelby Cobra replica. When I'm sitting at a traffic light and the occupant in the car next to me starts to stare I pop the wheel off and ask them if they would like to drive. Usually gets a good laugh.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Why would you want to?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Is it possible to use an aftermarket wheel with an airbag?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts